E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Limp Mode - No Shift in DS mode

07-02-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Limp Mode - No Shift in DS mode

Driving home last night, I put the car in DS and do a WOT run getting on the freeway. The car seems like it goes past redline without shifting on its own, at which point I take my foot off the gas and hit the shifter into D so that it upshifts. A few minutes later it goes into limp mode.

I noticed something similar the other day but shifted sooner. I had convinced myself that I must have had it in M2 rather than in DS and just forgot to shift. This time, I actually made a point of looking down to check before hitting the gas.

Made it home and parked it over night. Checked it out this morning and no limp mode. Didn't drive it to work today, but got home and went around the block a couple times and no problems. Tried a few WOT runs and no problems, but didn't really have enough space to try pushing it to redline to see if it would shift.

No mods currently, but had an SSTT on for a couple months before removing it.

Gonna take it in soon to get it checked out. Just wondering if any one else has had similar issues or has any thougts.

Last edited by Herms; 07-02-2008 at 01:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
ironic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

might be a camshaft problem, i actually had a similar problem and the dealer found some blown fuses and a fault camshaft position sensor. my car wouldn't turn over though after i got the limp mode.

Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0