E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > question to dinan

07-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
vinlikesred
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i '08

question to dinan

when you release the upgrade for dme 81-equipped 335i in july, as you said in another thread, can the flash be done at the dealership? or does it involve physically removing some part from the car and ship it off to dinan for some kinda hardware modification?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 06:30 AM   #2
StarrDlux
Pussycat's Meow
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i montego | Stock

why don't you call them when they open morgan hill
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Gossamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlikesred View Post
when you release the upgrade for dme 81-equipped 335i in july, as you said in another thread, can the flash be done at the dealership? or does it involve physically removing some part from the car and ship it off to dinan for some kinda hardware modification?
well, let me tell you what my Dinan rep told me...4 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!!!!!

"The new cable will be there in 2 weeks, then you won't have to send anything to Dinan."

Fast forward two weeks...

"The new cable will be there in 2 weeks, then you won't have to send anything to Dinan."

Fast forward two weeks...

Do this 6 more times and you'll be where I am. Oh, I have the msd80 unit...so I've been waiting for no apparent reason.

Sorry it's off topic but I'm so pissed at Dinan right now I can't even take it.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
vinlikesred
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i '08

okay. i guess i can answer my own question now. i called dinan to ask the question(geez why didn't i think of that before) and i was told that even after they release the update for dme81, the dealer will still have to send physical unit(dme module, i guess) to dinan for an upgrade. because it's more of a complex machine compare to previous version. but there is no hardware modification involved. and 6 to 8 months after they release the update, the dealership should be able to handle the update as well. i guess it will take 6-8 months for the dealership to catch up...

if you have any other question, you should call dinan
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #5
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

Did they mention how that equates to labor rates?
      07-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
Gossamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinlikesred View Post
okay. i guess i can answer my own question now. i called dinan to ask the question(geez why didn't i think of that before) and i was told that even after they release the update for dme81, the dealer will still have to send physical unit(dme module, i guess) to dinan for an upgrade. because it's more of a complex machine compare to previous version. but there is no hardware modification involved. and 6 to 8 months after they release the update, the dealership should be able to handle the update as well. i guess it will take 6-8 months for the dealership to catch up...

if you have any other question, you should call dinan
If you think talking to Dinan gives you the correct answers, you are wrong. Call Phillip Briseno at Dinan and ask him anything. It will be wrong. They may have good product but it's a bitch to get a straight answer out of them.
Appreciate 0