E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > TREO 650 Help required please

03-18-2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Gronk
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

TREO 650 Help required please

Can someone who has managed to get the numbers to transfer from a Palm Treo 650 to the E90 explain how?

I have the latest firmware (1.20 OUK its a UK phone on the Orange N/W) installed on the phone. According to the Palm website this is the latest firmward and is supposed to give compatability with the BMW bluetooth kit.

It does pair ok (although I had a glitch yesterday) but nothing will transfer. I've set up the all the numbers I want on the favorite buttons as I remember being suggested, but the car still doesn't want to recognuise them.

Until this week I had a Nokia 6310i and that work like a dream, I've set up the voice dialling but I'm not keen and miss being able to scroll up and down the address book.

Can someone help?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Have a look here Gronk.

"The Treo 650 is compatable after updating it with software versoin 1.12. Download this update to your PC at
http://www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05/ and then hot sync to your Treo 650. Update support is also provided at
Sprint retail stores. Only phone numbers stored as Speed Dial entries will be accessible from your BW. Your BMW will not
be able to access phone numbers stored as Contacts in your PalmOne Treo 650."

I'm also with Orange in the UK, & phones that work (inc phonebook transfer) include the SE T610 & SPV C600.

PS- sign up for the first UK meet here.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Gronk
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

Thanks for the quick reply. Thing is the s/w I have is the latest at v1.20, its supposed to work. I just assume I've done something wrong I just don't now what.

Funny you mention the SPV600, I tried tha a few weeks ago until work provided me with the Treo. Just got used to it when i discovered the reason people couldnt hear me talking was because although it played sound thru the car speaker, the phone appeared to take its feed from the mic on the phone, not in the car. Not much good when the phone is in your pocket. Have you found the same problem?

BTW I was looking at the meet, I had a PM about it. I just can't comit to a date at the moment. Work is a nightmare, one they've made worse by giving me something I can answer email from while still in bed!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk
Thanks for the quick reply. Thing is the s/w I have is the latest at v1.20, its supposed to work. I just assume I've done something wrong I just don't now what.

Funny you mention the SPV600, I tried tha a few weeks ago until work provided me with the Treo. Just got used to it when i discovered the reason people couldnt hear me talking was because although it played sound thru the car speaker, the phone appeared to take its feed from the mic on the phone, not in the car. Not much good when the phone is in your pocket. Have you found the same problem?

BTW I was looking at the meet, I had a PM about it. I just can't comit to a date at the moment. Work is a nightmare, one they've made worse by giving me something I can answer email from while still in bed!
Hi Gronk.
I got my Orange SPV C600 on my annual 'threaten to leave & disconnections will offer a free phone' upgrade in January.
I haven't had that problem at all- the mic in the car works fine, because the phone is either closed under the armrest or stuck in a jacket pocket.
Callers have never complained about a problem hearing me at all.
Perhaps you had an early firmware causing that problem. The only problem is the lack of a signal strength on the idrive display- but it isn't really that much of a problem anyway.

I had a 7-day trial before committing to the phone, so I gave it a good test- call quality is clear, it holds onto a weak signal well, there's no snap-in adaptor for the car- but so what, the phone syncs with Outlook, the whole phonebook gets transferred to the car whenever the bluetooth is switched on & I can voice dial those contacts just by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel & saying something like "Call BMW dealer"- no set-up needed whatsoever!
The car re-syncs the phonebook whenever the phone re-connects to it with bluetooth.
I've got to say I love it- infact, I wouldn't have got the phone if it couldn't sync its phonebook, just like my old SE T610 did.
That was one of the main reasons I didn't upgrade to a Nokia, which otherwise I would have loved to have done.

Anyway Gronk, hope you get something sorted with your phone & hope work doesn't stop you making the first UK meet.
It currently looks like taking place on the weekend of April 22/23 at Donington Park.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
kimandsmith
Rep
Drives: bmw 325

connection palm Treo 650

Hello,
Are you able to connect your Treo 650 to the car's bluetooth system?
I'm having very hard time. Treo discoveres the bluetooth device but I can not get the password. I called the dealer and the service and no one seems to help. Can you tell, if you know how can I get my password?
thanks,
Kim
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2006, 01:50 AM   #6
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
You can enter the password on your Treo650 when you are setting up your bluetooth on your cell phone. The car will also ask for your password.

As for getting names/numbers to display in your car, the only way I could do this is by assigning speed dial characters to my numbers. The car picks those up and displays them on my Navi screen. I have Verizon, btw.
      04-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #7
Caster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 SG 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
You can enter the password on your Treo650 when you are setting up your bluetooth on your cell phone. The car will also ask for your password.

As for getting names/numbers to display in your car, the only way I could do this is by assigning speed dial characters to my numbers. The car picks those up and displays them on my Navi screen. I have Verizon, btw.

Yea, its pretty simple you just pair up the phone with the car, enter a password on the phone, then the car, and you're good to go. As for the numbers, you can only have speed dial numbers, but you can set like 70 of those, because theres so many menus, so it's not too bad..

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #8
alibaba 325
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i black saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Have a look here Gronk.

"The Treo 650 is compatable after updating it with software versoin 1.12. Download this update to your PC at
http://www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05/ and then hot sync to your Treo 650. Update support is also provided at
Sprint retail stores. Only phone numbers stored as Speed Dial entries will be accessible from your BW. Your BMW will not
be able to access phone numbers stored as Contacts in your PalmOne Treo 650."

I'm also with Orange in the UK, & phones that work (inc phonebook transfer) include the SE T610 & SPV C600.

PS- sign up for the first UK meet here.
Can I use this update as I have a GSM only phone-its a South African Vodacom
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
alibaba 325
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i black saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk
Can someone who has managed to get the numbers to transfer from a Palm Treo 650 to the E90 explain how?

I have the latest firmware (1.20 OUK its a UK phone on the Orange N/W) installed on the phone. According to the Palm website this is the latest firmward and is supposed to give compatability with the BMW bluetooth kit.

It does pair ok (although I had a glitch yesterday) but nothing will transfer. I've set up the all the numbers I want on the favorite buttons as I remember being suggested, but the car still doesn't want to recognuise them.

Until this week I had a Nokia 6310i and that work like a dream, I've set up the voice dialling but I'm not keen and miss being able to scroll up and down the address book.

Can someone help?
My story is the same-I could have written yours-inclusing the Nokia 6310i bit.Try as I may I cant get the speedial numbers either and I have the same software as u do.I wish that somebody in the wide wide world could help us-I think the problem is that we have the "unlocked GSM' and this may be the issue
Appreciate 0