THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Short Throw Clutch Stop - good or bad for your clutch?

09-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
jules_78th
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Cabriolet

Short Throw Clutch Stop - good or bad for your clutch?

I was taught when driving a manual to fully press the clutch to the floor when changing gears, which helps saves your clutch. But I've been seeing a lot of people install the BMS Short Throw clutch stop on their 6speed 2 series and have been giving positive feedback.

Based on the overwhelming positive feedback on the better performance experience, I'm debating on getting one, but wanted to know if anyone thinks that by having this on, its prematurely wearing out the clutch since its not allowing you to fully press on the clutch when changing gears?

Thoughts?

http://www.burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_BMW.html
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules_78th View Post
I was taught when driving a manual to fully press the clutch to the floor when changing gears, which helps saves your clutch. But I've been seeing a lot of people install the BMS Short Throw clutch stop on their 6speed 2 series and have been giving positive feedback.

Based on the overwhelming positive feedback on the better performance experience, I'm debating on getting one, but wanted to know if anyone thinks that by having this on, its prematurely wearing out the clutch since its not allowing you to fully press on the clutch when changing gears?

Thoughts?

http://www.burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_BMW.html
I've had one on my modded 6MT 135 for 3.5 years and 60k miles with zero issues and still on stock clutch (car is 6.5 years old and 83k miles).

As long as you make sure the clutch is fully disengaged before it hits the stop (the stop is adjustable based on how many disks you put on), there is no increased wear and tear - you are just eliminating excess unnecessary overtravel.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

Had one in my previous 3 cars with no bad side effects and id never go back to a stock throw
Appreciate 0