10-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
wankelman24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 35i M Sport

Garage List
Where have you seen the new X5?

Just out of curiosity, tell us where you've seen the new X5? State? Dealership? I was just wondering if we could see a pattern of delievery based on the sightings. We haven't seen them in Florida yet (as far as I know).

Chris Bangle (former head of design, BMW)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 02:28 PM   #2
BGT3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankelman24 View Post
Just out of curiosity, tell us where you've seen the new X5? State? Dealership? I was just wondering if we could see a pattern of delievery based on the sightings. We haven't seen them in Florida yet (as far as I know).
My dealer had 2 for a few hours last Friday (White, Msport, 5.0, Merino). About 20 people were notified and scheduled to see them over the 2 hours. They were being shuffled around the different dealerships. This was on Long Island, New York.
Porsche 993 C2 Cab.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #3
wankelman24
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 35i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGT3 View Post
My dealer had 2 for a few hours last Friday (White, Msport, 5.0, Merino). About 20 people were notified and scheduled to see them over the 2 hours. They were being shuffled around the different dealerships. This was on Long Island, New York.
Thanks! So far on the forum, I've seen Long Island, NY, Montreal, and somewhere in California.

Chris Bangle (former head of design, BMW)
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
fakinit75
Private
Rep
Drives: jet black 2016 535i sport

I saw mine at a dealer training event I the SF Bay Area last Friday. It was white with coffee interior, a leather dash, msport, msport exhaust and 21" wheels.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
ScottMZ3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakinit75 View Post
I saw mine at a dealer training event I the SF Bay Area last Friday. It was white with coffee interior, a leather dash, msport, msport exhaust and 21" wheels.
That’s the same one I saw when it was up here at our dealer near Sacramento.
Appreciate 2
      10-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #6
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

I had a car hauler loaded with new X5’s that I drove past heading south on I-95 right into Florida, wasn’t able to get any good pics but that was my first time seeing Phytonic Blue in person and despite being excited, I’m actually a bit disappointed with how it looked. Hoping it was just the lighting...
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #7
BMV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I saw the car in Maryland last Saturday.
Oktoberfest party.
Black X5 50i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-10-2018, 01:33 PM   #8
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMV View Post
I saw the car in Maryland last Saturday.
Oktoberfest party.
Black X5 50i.
Was this at Passport BMW?

Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
BMV
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Yes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #10
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
I had a car hauler loaded with new X5’s that I drove past heading south on I-95 right into Florida, wasn’t able to get any good pics but that was my first time seeing Phytonic Blue in person and despite being excited, I’m actually a bit disappointed with how it looked. Hoping it was just the lighting...

Phytonic looks a lot darker in real life than the configurator pics. Too dark for me and I really wanted a blue one this time...
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #11
e90_2_f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I promised my dealer not to post pics or reveal much about them, so i am going to share my experience with the g05 x5 50i Around the dc area.

I spent 2 hours at the dealer. First hour was the dealer training provided by bmw NA. Lots of information about the changes, and why those changes were made. From the door unlock mechanism function and how the hand naturally flows, to the whys of the new 7.0 OS, to why oh why you can not get 3rd row on the 50 with mpack. There are a ton of changes from the f15, that the car is completely new. Second hour was QA discussion then a 10 min ride in the x5.

My take on the 50 with mpack as a passenger:
The car was a cabon black with coffee interior. Had the handling pack and the driver assistant plus. The ride in comfort is firmer than the comfort setting in an f15, still very compliant. There is minimal sway in the body at 30mph speeds. The rear steer is so nice that the x5 makes really nice turns in minuscule spaces.

The startup of the 50 is super loud and deep, almost f10 m5 growl level. It could be that we turned it ON inside a showroom but still when we took it out it had already went through the cold start cycle and it was still loud and this is coming from a guy who loke loud exhausts...The trainer drove for 2 miles around the dealer's area. Pickup is quick and the zf changes almost like a dct. On tight turns i was sliding in the seat and grabbing the door handle to stabilize. Brakes are huge and even with the 20" braking power was impressive for 5000 pounds sav.

Front of the x5 is very aggressive seeing it coming towards you in a parking lot, yes the kidneys are huge but the lights and the overhang of the hood/engine gives it a sporty look.

Rear legroom is similar to f15 from my perspective. A 6ft sales guy was behind the driver sitting comfortably with room to spare. Driver was 5ft 10. The rear of the seats come stock with type c chargers along with slot for adapter/accessories. The electronics, leather plushness, and quality of the interior is a big step above the f15. You can not see gaps in the trim, alignment is top notch and the lighting around the trim is very warm.

BTW- the crystal gear knob is really nice. I thought its cheesy but once you see it along with the lighting its kind of a centerpiece/conversation starter to anyone hoping in the car. It does have multiple angles, and also might become slippery with sweaty hands...still its a nice piece i decided to add it to the build.

Couple of other things confirmed by bmw rep:
- yes there is a shortage of camera supplies and laser lights and build are being delayed, monitor the builds online and check with genius/dealer

- key card entry: this will be provided with dec build. Nov build will be able to request a card, prior to Nov builds the door sensor is different and card will not work without a retrofit

- driving assistant plus/pro: increase time in hands free and also provision of assistance on more roads/tolls with the pro version

- no delivery will be made before nov1 bmw na orders

I hope my perspective helps.
Appreciate 4
      10-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #12
magna6882
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 audi q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90_2_f80 View Post
I promised my dealer not to post pics or reveal much about them, so i am going to share my experience with the g05 x5 50i Around the dc area.

I spent 2 hours at the dealer. First hour was the dealer training provided by bmw NA. Lots of information about the changes, and why those changes were made. From the door unlock mechanism function and how the hand naturally flows, to the whys of the new 7.0 OS, to why oh why you can not get 3rd row on the 50 with mpack. There are a ton of changes from the f15, that the car is completely new. Second hour was QA discussion then a 10 min ride in the x5.

The car was a cabon black with coffee interior. Had the handling pack and the driver assistant plus. The ride in comfort is firmer than the comfort setting in an f15, still very compliant. There is minimal sway in the body at 30mph speeds. The rear steer is so nice that the x5 makes really nice turns in minuscule spaces.

The startup of the 50 is super loud and deep, almost f10 m5 growl level. It could be that we turned it ON inside a showroom but still when we took it out it had already went through the cold start cycle and it was still loud and this is coming from a guy who dailys an m3...The trainer drove for 2 miles around the dealer's area. Pickup is quick and the zf changes almost like a dct. On tight turns i was sliding in the seat and grabbing the door handle to stabilize. Brakes are huge and even with the 20" braking power was impressive for 5000 pounds sav.

Front of the x5 is very aggressive seeing it coming towards you in a parking lot, yes the kidneys are huge but the lights and the overhang of the hood/engine gives it a sporty look.

Rear legroom is similar to f15 from my perspective. A 6ft sales guy was behind the driver sitting comfortably with room to spare. Driver was 5ft 10. The rear of the seats come stock with type c chargers along with slot for adapter/accessories. The electronics, leather plushness, and quality of the interior is a big step above the f15. You can not see gaps in the trim, alignment is top notch and the lighting around the trim is very warm.

BTW- the crystal gear knob is really nice. I thought its cheesy but once you see it along with the lighting its kind of a centerpiece/conversation starter to anyone hoping in the car. It does have multiple angles, and also might become slippery with sweaty hands...still its a nice piece i decided to add it to the build.

- yes there is a shortage of camera supplies and laser lights and build are being delayed, monitor the builds online and check with genius/dealer

- key card entry: this will be provided with dec build. Nov build will be able to request a card, prior to Nov builds the door sensor is different and card will not work without a retrofit

- driving assistant plus/pro: increase time in hands free and also provision of assistance on more roads/tolls with the pro version

Thank you for the information. I have a 50i on order with m sport exhaust and have been really concerned with the sound and get up and go. I have been questioning my decision and thinking maybe a glc63 would be a better choice. When running could you tell it was a beefy v8?
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #13
e90_2_f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

You can absolutely tell the 50 has lots of pickup. Torque is more than plentiful and the rumble on half gas is deep.

I have a 40 on order and seriously considered - and still considering- upgrading to a 50 after the short ride. There no question the 50 is strong.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #14
mbhammer
Hammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Quote:
- no delivery will be made before nov1 bmw na orders.
Thanks for the terrific perspective! It's great that you and ScottMZ3 have been able to actually participate in the dealer training sessions. Cool for you guys, and cool that we benefit from you sharing your post-training thoughts.

Any color you can add to this last point about 11/1 deliveries?
      10-11-2018, 12:22 AM   #15
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:

The startup of the 50 is super loud and deep, almost f10 m5 growl level. It could be that we turned it ON inside a showroom but still when we took it out it had already went through the cold start cycle and it was still loud and this is coming from a guy who loke loud exhausts...The trainer drove for 2 miles around the dealer's area. Pickup is quick and the zf changes almost like a dct. On tight turns i was sliding in the seat and grabbing the door handle to stabilize. Brakes are huge and even with the 20" braking power was impressive for 5000 pounds sav.

Really good info and insight!!! Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2018, 05:09 AM   #16
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

Hi!

What was your take on the coffee vernasca interior? What trim did it have?
I’m considering that combo with carbon black.

Thanks for your input.
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2018, 09:47 AM   #17
e90_2_f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahead View Post
Hi!

What was your take on the coffee vernasca interior? What trim did it have?
I'm considering that combo with carbon black.

Thanks for your input.
For me the coffee interior is a bit on the dark side. Keep in mind i am coming from a black/black car. In the pics, the car was parked facing glass door with full glare.

Got clearance to post pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #18
e90_2_f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Interior
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #19
ILM_X5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Would you happen to have any pics of the Monroney sticker?
      10-14-2018, 02:03 PM   #20
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Coming back from brunch, I spotted a G05 xLine at BMW of Alexandria. Stopped by for a quick walk around and in person impression. Short on time, snapped a couple of pics but unfortunately didn't get much of the interior.

It was an Alpine White with coffee Vernasca interior, fineline stripe brown high gloss wood.

Overall, the new design is evolutionary with distinctive and dynamic elements - the front end and hood sculpting, side character line gives a sense that the vehicle is in motion while parked. If I had describe the difference between the G05 and my F15 - the F15 feels more "upright, blunt front end" whereas the G05 is "edging" forward.

In person the front kidney grills aren't excessively large and look proportionate to the overall design and size of the vehicle. I think they are better executed than the organic X3 kidneys - X5's are more crisp in shape and design.

I don't think you could go wrong with either lines - xLine or M Sport.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #21
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Loving that dark window tint with the black exterior.

What interior trim is that? Can't tell, but it looks aluminum.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #22
e90_2_f80
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT_X5 View Post
Would you happen to have any pics of the Monroney sticker?
Sorry, there was no sticker on the car. i believe this is the Aluminium trim. You can not see this as an option on the us online configurator but you can still order it.
Appreciate 0