E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Borla Video/Audio Request

07-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Borla Video/Audio Request

I'm looking for an audio clip of either the Borla suitcase style exhaust or the dual exhaust on a 335. I believe there are a clip of each on youtube, but I would like to hear another clip from someone else, before I decide which to drop a grand on.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
mnkybiznes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08/JB/E92

Garage List
2008 E92  [0.00]
I get compliments on the sound of my Borla exhaust all the time ........ seems the sound gets better with time. Mine is dual style/335 coupe.

FWIW, every sound clip I listened to of this exhaust really didn't portray the exhaust note as well as hearing one in person.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkybiznes View Post
I get compliments on the sound of my Borla exhaust all the time ........ seems the sound gets better with time. Mine is dual style/335 coupe.

FWIW, every sound clip I listened to of this exhaust really didn't portray the exhaust note as well as hearing one in person.
Cool, thanks. My friend has/had a borla exhaust on his Audi, and I loved it. I liked the deep sound of the suitcase style on youtube, but I know the sounds will vary on clips. I'm just looking for additional sound bites to better judge my opinion. The dual borla didnt sound as deep as the suitcase style, is that true?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
mnkybiznes
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08/JB/E92

Garage List
2008 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
Cool, thanks. My friend has/had a borla exhaust on his Audi, and I loved it. I liked the deep sound of the suitcase style on youtube, but I know the sounds will vary on clips. I'm just looking for additional sound bites to better judge my opinion. The dual borla didnt sound as deep as the suitcase style, is that true?
That may be true w/ the dual and suitcase styles sounding different. I had a Goodyear shop install mine and as soon as they had the car back on the ground and started it up they ALL felt that the tone was just right ........ in other words, the note fit the car. No ricey rasp. The tech that installed it has an e46/M3 and the other two each have a 911 and 928 turbo ........ all motor heads. I took their opinions as compliments with regard to their own personal vehicles.

Also, I almost decided to go with AA (Active Autowerkes) but, just couldn't justify the extra expense. There is one sound clip on youtube showing a white 335 with the borla exhaust. That is about the closest to reality as I was able to find ......... especially when the car was started

If you do decide to go with Borla; PM me as I was able to find it for a little more than $200 less elsewhere. Then again, the sponsor I initially purchased from gave me credit for the difference ........ lots of new cleaning supplies in the garage now!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
2XVanos
Private
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkybiznes View Post

Got mine a couple of months ago (have the dual muffler-2nd gen type). My first aftermarket exhaust. The change in sound was a little radical at first to be honest. Thought it was too aggressive and there was a fair amount of drone in "D". Thought it was my most questionable mod.
Now I LOVE it. Over time, it's gotten just right. Sounds about 20-30% louder than stock, deeper, but by-and-large the same distinct turbo sound (not going to sound like the new new M3). Drone is almost all gone in "D" and non-existent in "DS".

I need to post a sound clip, but I'm a complete novice with cameras/video. Will try to post a clip soon.

BTW, I have mine with 4" Dimisa tips. Got mine from Harold at HP Autowerks. Great service. Can't wait to find the perfect CAI to really round out a great sound. Come on Dinan or BMW Performance...
Appreciate 0