F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Equity Red Star Insurance - any experience of this company?
ARMA SPEED

10-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
MalcolmT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d

Equity Red Star Insurance - any experience of this company?

I have had my renewal come through from Chris Knott and they are quoting me with Highway as the insurance company. Thought I'd try Adrian Flux and they have quoted me a fair bit less with less excess, before I switch I checked out the insurance company they were using - Equity Red Star and they get a fair few negative reviews.

Anyone got any experience of this company?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

The old bloke who reversed into me recently was insured with ERS. The only experience I have is dealing with them as a third party, so they might treat their own clients better, but they seem pretty shambolic to me. Despite having my address, they have been sending letters to some random address a mile away from me, who by luck happened to know me so they were forwarded. Everything, even reading a report they already have sitting on their desk, takes weeks.

To qualify this, I don't have experience of the claims process with other insurers, so perhaps claims handling is where people who aren't bright enough to stack shelves go to work, but they are a painfully slow organisation to deal with.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 05:21 AM   #3
doncarlyon
Captain
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 300 Trophy

Highway and Equity Red Star tend to take on the high risk end of the insurance market.

Neither of them would be a preferred insurer, but as long as everything is 100% accurate on the policy schedule you will be fine.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Craig-SM
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M Sport - F30

If your car isn’t heavily modified I wouldn’t use Chris Knott or Adrian Flux as they’re both expensive and come renewal time comedians.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #5
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
From my past experience Adrian Flux are useless, overpriced and just not worth the hassle a bunch of clowns make more sense than that lot.