F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2012 F30 sale queries
Studio RSR

10-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #1
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

2012 F30 sale queries

Hi guys/gals

I'm planning on selling my 2012 F30. Have an offer price of £9048 from Evans Halshaw. I have the mosconi Gladen system with the Gladen one amp (no dsp), front mids, tweeters and underseats. An audio installer is offering to remove the system and put back my base system for £240.
I guess the reason for posting here is to ask if it's worth doing the "factory reset" or should I sell it to the dealer as is. I am thinking the audio system would be worth some £££ on eBay?
I have tried private sale but no luck so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
davethefish
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i Sport

I kept the door sails, front door, and woofer speakers
When I did my gladen system.
So i can revert back when I sell unless I could get extra for leaving it in.
Though unlikely....

Last edited by davethefish; 10-29-2018 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #3
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethefish View Post
I kept the door sails front door and woofer speakers
When I did my gladen system.
So i can revert back when I sell unless I could get extra for leaving it in.
Though unlikely....
I have the door sails as well. I agree I doubt I would get anything for them if it's sold so I am going to have the system removed. I could either sell the system or put it in my next car. I guess that's the sensible thing to do.

The worst part is that I have to keep up with the base audio until my car sells.

Is £240 steep for the uninstall? I'd like to do it myself but don't want to mess anything up when I'm selling.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
davethefish
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i Sport

Unless you installed it yourself
It might be difficult.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethefish View Post
Unless you installed it yourself
It might be difficult.
I know. I would leave it to a professional.
Now have to search for the door sails.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Remove it, if it turns a profit. I had the ProNav installed but the dealer didn't care, so I ripped it out of the car and sold it on this site. I've got the HK audio but the basic iDrive now looks really bad.

On the flip side, the car is going this weekend. Not long left.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
Remove it, if it turns a profit. I had the ProNav installed but the dealer didn't care, so I ripped it out of the car and sold it on this site. I've got the HK audio but the basic iDrive now looks really bad.

Thanks. That's what I'll do. I will remove the system. I would have left it in if the buyer really cared what it was. Not letting it go to waste.
I am thinking whether to sell the car to Evans or private sale. I am sure when they physically inspect the car, they will find things and their offer will go down. Wait and see I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #8
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I've P/X my car to a Sytner dealer and they not even seen the car. They just wanted to know the Reg/VIN, if it had a full history and any major damage. I got what I expected from Parkers etc etc.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:

Thanks. That's what I'll do. I will remove the system. I would have left it in if the buyer really cared what it was. Not letting it go to waste.
I am thinking whether to sell the car to Evans or private sale. I am sure when they physically inspect the car, they will find things and their offer will go down. Wait and see I suppose.
Don't know the details of your car, but you are likely to do better privately - I achieved about a third more than the trade in offer by selling my last car privately.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #10
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I've P/X my car to a Sytner dealer and they not even seen the car. They just wanted to know the Reg/VIN, if it had a full history and any major damage. I got what I expected from Parkers etc etc.
I checked the website. Will ring them in the morning and ask if they would buy the car. I guess they would offer more for p/x but I am not buying at present.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:28 PM   #11
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Don't know the details of your car, but you are likely to do better privately - I achieved about a third more than the trade in offer by selling my last car privately.
I got so ridiculous offers from private buyers that it put me off. I have an advert on AT:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01810061256587

Does the price I'm asking seem reasonable?

Sorry, I'm new to the UK so still getting used to the car market.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 03:40 PM   #12
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah your right, the smart bloke would sell it privately, I just don't have the time and I'm far too lazy

I've had the F31 for 6+ years from new and currently nursing around 67% loss . I have checked out like for like prices on autotrader etc and I wouldn't have got 1/3 more.
Anyway I'm reasonable happy with the whole "upgrade" deal. The other car is used, had a fair good discount (40%), less than 900 mile and 6 months old.

Last edited by kitster; 10-29-2018 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #13
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah your right, the smart bloke would sell it privately, I just don't have the time and I'm far too lazy

I've had the F31 for 6+ years from new and currently nursing around 67% loss . I have checked out like for like prices on autotrader etc and I wouldn't have got 1/3 more.
Anyway I'm reasonable happy with the whole "upgrade" deal. The other car is used, had a fair good discount (40%), less than 900 mile and 6 months old.
Yep, it's sometimes not convenient to sell privately. I was lucky, had a few weeks to wait for my new car to be built and no need for us to have two cars in the interim. Meant I could take the time to advertise it properly and see off the time wasters. I priced it quite high, as I felt it would appeal to the right buyer, and in the end it did.

Ps. I guess I lost about 70% over 7 years/105k miles.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 04:09 PM   #14
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

The next car will be kept for prob the same amount of time. We buy at the start of the cycle and wait for the next "H" series. So in that respect PCP's don't really work for me, I when I look at the interest payments.

Of course, what I do doesn't work for everyone.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I got so ridiculous offers from private buyers that it put me off. I have an advert on AT:

The price seems ok, but I am not really up to date on pricing.

I'd say that the ad is a bit wordy though, and maybe focused more on what you like rather than thinking about what buyers like.

You should mention the low mileage up front in the description, plus the great fuel economy. Plus mot and service history etc. This is what a lot of buyers are focusing on.

Break it into paragraphs.

Don't mention taking the stereo out , you can talk about that when someone makes you a silly offer. I wouldn't bother mentioning payment methods in the ad either.

Don't assume every potential buyer knows BMW terminology. E.g. pro nav. Perhaps worth explaining that that means 3D mapping, 8.8 inch screen, hard drive etc. All familiar stuff to us here, not necessarily to the average buyer browsing auto trader.

Just my thoughts, I might be wrong! Good luck with the sale.

Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #16
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The price seems ok, but I am not really up to date on pricing.

I'd say that the ad is a bit wordy though, and maybe focused more on what you like rather than thinking about what buyers like.

You should mention the low mileage up front in the description, plus the great fuel economy. Plus mot and service history etc. This is what a lot of buyers are focusing on.

Break it into paragraphs.

Don't mention taking the stereo out , you can talk about that when someone makes you a silly offer. I wouldn't bother mentioning payment methods in the ad either.

Don't assume every potential buyer knows BMW terminology. E.g. pro nav. Perhaps worth explaining that that means 3D mapping, 8.8 inch screen, hard drive etc. All familiar stuff to us here, not necessarily to the average buyer browsing auto trader.

Just my thoughts, I might be wrong! Good luck with the sale.
Thank you very much for that.

Those are some excellent points. I will work on the ad and change it. You're right. I haven't focused on the things that people focus on.
Will keep fingers crossed. Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #17
Steces
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 530d

Quote:
Hi guys/gals

I'm planning on selling my 2012 F30. Have an offer price of £9048 from Evans Halshaw. I have the mosconi Gladen system with the Gladen one amp (no dsp), front mids, tweeters and underseats. An audio installer is offering to remove the system and put back my base system for £240.
I guess the reason for posting here is to ask if it's worth doing the "factory reset" or should I sell it to the dealer as is. I am thinking the audio system would be worth some £££ on eBay?
Bite their hand off 9048 is excellent

WBAC will offer 8200 which in reality means sub 8k

Good luck
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #18
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steces View Post
Quote:
Hi guys/gals

Bite their hand off 9048 is excellent

WBAC will offer 8200 which in reality means sub 8k

Good luck
Thank you.

I guess it's coming to that. I thought I would be able to get a bit more since similar lower spec cars are going for 12k.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:29 AM   #19
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

I would remove the bit about being able to pass any MOT with flying colours

You dont know that and as a private seller you do not want to state anything that could be challenged post sale. Just stick to the facts about spec, mileage etc and remove anything subjective

If you look on Pistonheads there are regular threads about private buyers trying to come back after private sellers, having an indisputable description will make things much easier in the unlikely event.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #20
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post

You dont know that and as a private seller you do not want to state anything that could be challenged post sale. Just stick to the facts about spec, mileage etc and remove anything subjective

If you look on Pistonheads there are regular threads about private buyers trying to come back after private sellers, having an indisputable description will make things much easier in the unlikely event.
Thanks for looking at the ad and for the feedback. Appreciate it. I Totally agree with you about being objective and I changed the description to be as factual as possible. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2018, 06:08 AM   #21
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post

Thanks for looking at the ad and for the feedback. Appreciate it. I Totally agree with you about being objective and I changed the description to be as factual as possible. Cheers.
Just noticed the MOT date. Stick a new ticket on it, most buyers will want the comfort of the best part of a year rather than a couple of months

Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-30-2018, 06:18 AM   #22
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just noticed the MOT date. Stick a new ticket on it, most buyers will want the comfort of the best part of a year rather than a couple of months
I was just thinking about this. Didn't realise the year was almost gone. Its November already. Damn.
I have to sort the MOT out. Booked with Halfords for this Friday. They are the cheapest I could find.
Thanks.
Appreciate 1