F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > rattle rattle rattle..
proTUNING Freaks

11-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
Gurvini
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 318D M Sport

rattle rattle rattle..

Ok! so... the F30 has started a new rattle/buzz/noise whatever you want to call it. It's been happening for 3 day.

I have provided a video of the sound (may need to turn up volume or use headphones)

If anyone knows this sound or think what it could be please do let me know. I can't really locate the sound or pinpoint it to any one location. But it's definitely on the passenger side front/rear or even centre console area.

I'm actually willing to give someone £5 if they correctly locate the issue.

Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/298453922
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2018, 04:33 PM   #2
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325D MSport

check the door lock pops(I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CALLED! - the wee thingys that pop up and down when you lock)........my driver one was rattling like that and BMW wanted to alleviate me of some cash as it is not included in AUC apparently....excellent

Bought some black fabric tape on ebay and wrapped it round the base (carefully) and sorted

Not actually fixed but stopped

J
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #3
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
check the door lock pops(I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CALLED! - the wee thingys that pop up and down when you lock)........my driver one was rattling like that and BMW wanted to alleviate me of some cash as it is not included in AUC apparently....excellent
"Operating Rod, door front left" ? (I didn't know either)
Attached Images

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 03:40 AM   #4
Gurvini
Private
Rep
Drives: 16' 318D M Sport

Hmm.. I was dreading it could be that.

I have previously removed both front door cards and added sound deadening and applied foam around the plastic door pins! didn't really want to touch the back doors

The car also has a mind of it's own.. on my commute this morning there was no sound so it literally happens sporadically, so may just not touch the rear doors in case I make something worse.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 03:46 AM   #5
nascot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I've had 2 buzzes/rattles.

1. The lock on the glove box rattled not long after I picked the car up. A bit of fiddling with it seemed to work and it's been fine since.

2. The drinks holder lid buzzes when I'm driving on rough surfaces. Not been able to solve this one. A bit of blue tac under the tray might help.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 03:56 AM   #6
doncarlyon
Captain
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 300 Trophy

Mine is at the dealership for a rattle which sounded to me like it was in the dashboard somewhere. They are now looking under the bonnet as they believe its not in the dash.
Appreciate 0