F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Interior Trim Kit
ARMA SPEED

11-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #1
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Interior Trim Kit

Just ordered the Alcantara / Carbon interior trim kit for my F32.

All listings i have seen detail it as a five piece kit , door handle covers x 2 , centre i drive piece , centre dash piece , RHS vent cover.

Blue Bell Crewe have it listed as a six piece kit with the extra item being a cover for the LHS air vent

So has anyone who has fitted the above kit replaced the LHS vent cover or is this just a "new" addition to the kit ?

Kenny
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
Just ordered the Alcantara / Carbon interior trim kit for my F32.

All listings i have seen detail it as a five piece kit , door handle covers x 2 , centre i drive piece , centre dash piece , RHS vent cover.

Blue Bell Crewe have it listed as a six piece kit with the extra item being a cover for the LHS air vent

So has anyone who has fitted the above kit replaced the LHS vent cover or is this just a "new" addition to the kit ?

Kenny
Should be the same as f30 except number of door handles. Left vent stays untouched, carbon extends under it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
NotGotABimmer23
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i touring - incoming

There is no LH vent piece.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #4
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
Should be the same as f30 except number of door handles. Left vent stays untouched, carbon extends under it.
I have been doing a bit of Googling and , on mine , the RHS vent cover has the aluminium inlay as does the LHS vent cover.

When you replace the RHS cover with the carbon / alcantara then you loose the aluminium insert , this would mean the RHS one is different to the LHS one , which still has the aluminium insert, so the replacement (extra) vent for the LHS is just plain black according to the part numbers to match the new one on the right.

The above is the only explanation that i can think of.

This is a pic of the "extra" vent cover , sourced by the part number on the invoice.

http://www.bmw-carparts.co.uk/online...9253218/23566/

Kenny

Last edited by Kendo67; 11-05-2018 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #5
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
I have been doing a bit of Googling and , on mine , the RHS vent cover has the aluminium inlay as does the LHS vent cover.

When you replace the RHS cover with the carbon / alcantara then you loose the aluminium insert , this would mean the RHS one is different to the LHS one , which still has the aluminium insert, so the replacement (extra) vent for the LHS is just plain black according to the part numbers to match the one on the right.

The above is the only explanation that i can think of.

Kenny
That will be it, only for LCI cars as pre LCI’s didn’t have the silver surround.
Appreciate 0