BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Funniest Blue Screen of Death Moments

07-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
Fartpimpson
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
The Funniest Blue Screen of Death Moments

http://my.mmoabc.com/article/Michael....html?login=no
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

windows sucks.......cant wait to buy a mac

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
///AFRO
Stage 1 Juice Box - Boosted'
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 07 AW E92-335i TT

lol

2007 335i -Coupe Alpine White
Mods: JB1 | Exposed Intercooler | Black Grills/Emblems | Golf-Tee Mod | Reflectors | 35% Tints
Next: Aero-Lip | H&R Race Srings | Dual Cone Intake | Straight-Pipes
Soon: 2006 ///M3 Coupe Imola Red - [CSL Project]
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

vista always will suck.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Windows only sucks for those who can't use it. Vista DOES suck though.

WXP SP2 ftw.

Mac...eh...multimedia anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #6
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post

WXP SP2 ftw.

true that.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

WXP SP2 ftw.

Vista seriously sucks ass...........(Im unfortunately using a Vista based laptop as we speak)

Unless your into gaming.......then windows aint shit. I really dont see why windows would suck for those who cant use it, since we're talking about how it runs poorly and not about it's ease of use. In comparison to a mac, windows is like reading a trigonometry book where as mac would be like reading a child's book.

Half the viruses that circle the net are all targeted towards windows, it crashes, it fails to load or close programs.....matter of fact, most the time I'm using windows it's like it has a mind of it's own and only does what it wants, when it feels like it

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #8
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Ima get a MB Pro before I go to college.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

maybe i need to give a custom built computer running XP with the fastest processors, most ram, and best graphic cards, a shot.....

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Vista seriously sucks ass...........(Im unfortunately using a Vista based laptop as we speak)

Unless your into gaming.......then windows aint shit. I really dont see why windows would suck for those who cant use it, since we're talking about how it runs poorly and not about it's ease of use. In comparison to a mac, windows is like reading a trigonometry book where as mac would be like reading a child's book.

Half the viruses that circle the net are all targeted towards windows, it crashes, it fails to load or close programs.....matter of fact, most the time I'm using windows it's like it has a mind of it's own and only does what it wants, when it feels like it
Unfortunate for you, I am a PC gamer
I don't have THIS for no reason you know...:

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Having spent over a decade on PC's and windows.........the only reason I'm going the mac route now is simply because they work. I'm not a fan of having to get used to the Mac OS's and all, but it's just the fact that they preform well that gets me excited.

Anyway.......that last video of Bill on CNN is great

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #12
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunate for you, I am a PC gamer
I don't have THIS for no reason you know...:
hahaha.......god dammit, i knew you were a gamer.......just like all my other PC gaming friends. Windows this and graphics card that haha

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I bet that a custom built computer with ONLY XP installed and no other bullshit programs and drivers, with an awesome processor, tons of ram, and an insane power supply, would actually run quite well. Matter of fact, I know it's possible for windows to run well haha.....but thats coming from my friends 1000 watt power supplied, 3 800 gxp or whatever processors/graphics cards, and 4 gigs of ram, running XP. His PC makes the lights in his house dim when he turns it on haha (not really, im jk).

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #14
Fartpimpson
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Ima get a MB Pro before I go to college.
Get it after you go to college because Apple offer student discount. It could save you $200 - $400
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #15
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:

WXP SP2 ftw.

I agree, XP is solid, but it took awhile to get that way. (SP2) Vista sucks big time. What do you mean by the Mac multimedia comment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #16
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
I bet that a custom built computer with ONLY XP installed and no other bullshit programs and drivers, with an awesome processor, tons of ram, and an insane power supply, would actually run quite well. Matter of fact, I know it's possible for windows to run well haha.....but thats coming from my friends 1000 watt power supplied, 3 800 gxp or whatever processors/graphics cards, and 4 gigs of ram, running XP. His PC makes the lights in his house dim when he turns it on haha (not really, im jk).
My XP machine boots in under 30 seconds and it's 18 months old. Just keep the machine clean and don't do anything stupid. Having decent hardware helps too. Vista is really bad booting especially on average hardware. Takes forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
batchelorc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Deez nuts

Think my next machine will be a Mac
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #18
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartpimpson View Post
Get it after you go to college because Apple offer student discount. It could save you $200 - $400
As long as you can show proof, e.g. an acceptance letter or a photo ID or just login to your school email, they'll let you get the discount + iPod + printer, no need to wait until you're attending college

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #19
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Get a MacPro with 2X quad core XEON, 16G RAM, with a RAID 5 of 4X SAS HDD and you'd be good to go. It'll only set you back a couple G's. You have to run 64bit Vista or XP though.
      07-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #20
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartpimpson View Post
And get you a free iPod touch.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Vista - Fail
and I'm an IT guy
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mds82 View Post
Vista - Fail
and I'm an IT guy
I'm not an IT guy and I concur. Vista sucks...... eats up so much resources, and runs like crap.

Didn't they try to launch SP1 a while ago but had to recall it because it killed a lot of OS? It was only recently relaunched.