ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
rgz4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i Midnight Blue

Stebro Exhaust for Z4 3.0, advice...

I am looking to buy a Stebro exhaust for my Z4. I am not very familiar with the brand or it's performance. I hear that they are popular in europe? Any advice is welcome.

I am getting a great deal so I do not want to pass up.

RG
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:10 PM   #2
goldguilexx
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mini

hey rgz4, myself with a few other people on this and other forums have them, in my opinion its a great buy. you get a great sound and a great price. as for the brand, yeah its a euro thin, they mainly do exotic cars from my understanding but they sure did make one hell of a kit for the z4. if you have any other questions or wanna see some of our discussions on this exaust just snoop around here for the thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
rgz4
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i Midnight Blue

Thanks for the vote of confidance, I have searched the thread however I did not find anything.
I know not to expect any major performance from just an exhaust up grade, but woulld you know any numbers as far as HP/torque?

I included a picture

Rudy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

You bought from the same ebay auction the rest of us did man, just a few months late to the party. I have mine, but haven't installed it yet. Looks a fair piece of kit. I also got it for the sound alone.

You can expect HP/tq gains in the neighborhood of 0.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
goldguilexx
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: mini

LOL!

yeah, i mean it will sound a lot better, but yeah, dont expect anything like "add 40 HP to the wheels" type stuff. Its just a sound thing. But if it will make you feel better it feels a lot smoother too. Or at least i think so. The big issue with Stebro (and i think most can back me on this) is the delivery time. I got mine in a month others in 2 or so. So if you get your just do as the inofmercial says to and "set it and forget it" buy the thing and forget about it till your magically surprised by this hot girl calling from globfax or something asking to make a delivery schedule.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

i've got mine install...

its sweet!

here is the link to the other post. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146323

enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #7
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Took 2 months to get mine. That was the longest. That's really not that bad at all, except the seller constantly says it'll be there soon even though it hasn't even been shipped. I've waited months for car parts before with no problem, because I knew it would take months! They promised quick delivery and then took their sweet time, that's my only problem with them.
Appreciate 0