BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Anyone looking for a Range Rover?

12-21-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Selling my wife's 2015 Range Rover autobiography. Fully loaded perfect condition. 20,700 miles. Makes a great complimentary SUV to the M5!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
tcw495
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Pics please!
2005 645ci
2005 325ci
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcw495 View Post
Pics please!
I'll take pics when I get home. It's the regular wheel base version of the autobiography with the supercharged V8
Santorini black
22" wheels
Ivory interior with the black accents
Rétractable running boards

Msrp was $146k

Want $78k for it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 09:52 AM   #4
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Quote:
Pics please!
I'll take pics when I get home. It's the regular wheel base version of the autobiography with the supercharged V8
Santorini black
22" wheels

Msrp was $146k

Want $78k for it.
What did you end up choosing as the next replacement?

Price might be a tiny bit high without CPO. If it's a 5 seater, had recent brakes done, tires are more than 50%, and the load space cover is still there, $76k is the more realistic high number (just saw 2 transactions for similar L405 SWB AB - 20k mi @ $76.6 very late in service date so a lot of warranty remaining and 17k mi @ $66.9 - will wind up around $77k with CPO).
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 10:13 AM   #5
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Pics please!
Santorini black
22" wheels

Msrp was $146k

Want $78k for it.

Price might be a tiny bit high without CPO. If it's a 5 seater, had recent brakes done, tires are more than 50%, and the load space cover is still there, $76k is the more realistic high number (just saw 2 transactions for similar L405 SWB AB - 20k mi @ $76.6 very late in service date so a lot of warranty remaining and 17k mi @ $66.9 - will wind up around $77k with CPO).
I ended up getting a crazy deal on a new Bentagya W12. My wife liked it so pulled the trigger.
It's 5 seater and still has everything in it. I checked cars and autotrader and it would be the least expensive car that matches the criteria and it's clean.
In service date was 5/25/15
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 11:31 AM   #6
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Pics please!
Santorini black
22" wheels

Msrp was $146k

Want $78k for it.

I ended up getting a crazy deal on a new Bentagya W12. My wife liked it so pulled the trigger.
It's 5 seater and still has everything in it. I checked cars and autotrader and it would be the least expensive car that matches the criteria and it's clean.
In service date was 5/25/15
Have to keep the other half happy right? It's that time of the year for new deals but also means the used market tumble is starting. That $76.6 one has warranty until 11/20 (so almost a CPO's worth), SVO Premium Paint and Pimento/Ebony 5 Seat Interior ($163k Orig Sticker).
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #7
wassy
Private First Class
Rep

Curious what kind of amazing deal on the Bentayga? I was also offered what I thought was a sick deal in 2017, it’s launch year, for the w12. Was a $258,xxx msrp brand new and dealer came down to $195,000. Sounded like an incredible deal until a few of my friends familiar with Bentley and some dealers said “yep, great deal and you will still lose another $$25-50k in 3 months...”. Why 3 months? They know I don’t hold anything too long but I may have made 6 months in that. Nice suv though! Congrats and enjoy if you get it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #8
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassy View Post
Curious what kind of amazing deal on the Bentayga? I was also offered what I thought was a sick deal in 2017, it’s launch year, for the w12. Was a $258,xxx msrp brand new and dealer came down to $195,000. Sounded like an incredible deal until a few of my friends familiar with Bentley and some dealers said “yep, great deal and you will still lose another $$25-50k in 3 months...”. Why 3 months? They know I don’t hold anything too long but I may have made 6 months in that. Nice suv though! Congrats and enjoy if you get it.
$270k sticker (2019)
$207k our the door with tax and fees, powder coating wheels and black out paint on the car
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:49 PM   #9
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Was it an unpunched demo or new?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Curious what kind of amazing deal on the Bentayga? I was also offered what I thought was a sick deal in 2017, it's launch year, for the w12. Was a $258,xxx msrp brand new and dealer came down to $195,000. Sounded like an incredible deal until a few of my friends familiar with Bentley and some dealers said "yep, great deal and you will still lose another $$25-50k in 3 months...". Why 3 months? They know I don't hold anything too long but I may have made 6 months in that. Nice suv though! Congrats and enjoy if you get it.
$270k sticker (2019)
$207k our the door with tax and fees, powder coating wheels and black out paint on the car
That is a very sweetheart deal for SoCal. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 01:06 PM   #11
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Curious what kind of amazing deal on the Bentayga? I was also offered what I thought was a sick deal in 2017, it's launch year, for the w12. Was a $258,xxx msrp brand new and dealer came down to $195,000. Sounded like an incredible deal until a few of my friends familiar with Bentley and some dealers said "yep, great deal and you will still lose another $$25-50k in 3 months...". Why 3 months? They know I don't hold anything too long but I may have made 6 months in that. Nice suv though! Congrats and enjoy if you get it.
$270k sticker (2019)
That is a very sweetheart deal for SoCal. Congrats.
Not a demo. Have a strong relationship with the dealer so they usually cut me big breaks on inventory cars
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:11 PM   #12
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Not a demo. Have a strong relationship with the dealer so they usually cut me big breaks on inventory cars
Amazing that any brand dealership has a 23% delta to play with, even at $270.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #13
wassy
Private First Class
Rep

That’s a nice offer. It still may have been “punched”. That doesn’t mean it’s been driven as as a demo. Manufacturers often offer large cash rebates to dealers (unadvertised) so the dealer “punches” car as sold to obtain the rebate. Either way doesn’t matter. Good deal. Back out taxes and some other stuff and you got it for under $200k. Nice going.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #14
GUNGASLOW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

I like Range Rover!! I had one till I got my Bugatti
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #15
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Always good to have. About what I got on the CGT Speed. Pasadena or O'Gara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Be surprised at what some dealers can do if you deal with the right people there. Last new Bentley we bought was close to $90k off.

Quote:
That's a nice offer. It still may have been "punched". That doesn't mean it's been driven as as a demo. Manufacturers often offer large cash rebates to dealers (unadvertised) so the dealer "punches" car as sold to obtain the rebate. Either way doesn't matter. Good deal. Back out taxes and some other stuff and you got it for under $200k. Nice going.
Sometimes. On the very high end stuff, this started after I did an audit of a large dealer several years back. They'd been doing inventory based off of floor plan only but accounting was way off at the end of year. Found 14 Bentley, 9 Rolls, and 3 Veyron in an off-site spill over storage building. All were 3-5 years old and brand new.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 12:10 PM   #16
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

I got the Range Rover Velar S....great overall daily driver SUV for the wife
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 12:19 PM   #17
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Be surprised at what some dealers can do if you deal with the right people there. Last new Bentley we bought was close to $90k off.

Quote:
That's a nice offer. It still may have been "punched". That doesn't mean it's been driven as as a demo. Manufacturers often offer large cash rebates to dealers (unadvertised) so the dealer "punches" car as sold to obtain the rebate. Either way doesn't matter. Good deal. Back out taxes and some other stuff and you got it for under $200k. Nice going.
Sometimes. On the very high end stuff, this started after I did an audit of a large dealer several years back. They'd been doing inventory based off of floor plan only but accounting was way off at the end of year. Found 14 Bentley, 9 Rolls, and 3 Veyron in an off-site spill over storage building. All were 3-5 years old and brand new.
O'gara I also put deposits for a 750 LT coupe and spyder. They really are great with me but have heard a few horror stories about them with customers they don't know well.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 12:38 PM   #18
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
O'gara I also put deposits for a 750 LT coupe and spyder. They really are great with me but have heard a few horror stories about them with customers they don't know well.
I got my Bentley GT3R and Huracan there; great deals as well along with the horror stories LOL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #19
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
I got my Bentley GT3R and Huracan there; great deals as well along with the horror stories LOL.
How do you like the huracan?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #20
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Bi-Polar is probably the best way to describe their operations from experience. They have a couple of cars I'm interested in now but giving me a really hard time on trading in my Cullinan.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 01:02 PM   #21
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Bi-Polar is probably the best way to describe their operations from experience. They have a couple of cars I'm interested in now but giving me a really hard time on trading in my Cullinan.
How is the cullinan? That's what I wanted for my wife but she said it was way too big for her to drive around.
Who is your contact there?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
How is the cullinan? That's what I wanted for my wife but she said it was way too big for her to drive around.
Who is your contact there?
It's an expensive way to resolve the visibility issues of the Ghost with some extra space in the butt. For a daily self-driven Rolls, you'd be hard to find fault. It feels bigger than it is just like the Ghost (and is actually narrower than the Range). Oddly I've always found the Phantom to feel far smaller than it is in most situations.

Personally, I just like The Range Rover better and it's more suited to how I use my SUV's (I enjoy some moderate to heavy off-roading regularly and tow frequently). The one thing that isn't better in the Cullinan is the audio system. The 1800w Meridan System in the L405 is absolute perfection.

Jen is who I deal with there. Known her for many years.
Appreciate 0