F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW 328i xDrive N26
Extreme Powerhouse

12-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
daltamura
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i xDrive

BMW 328i xDrive N26

Hey guys, looking for some help. I want to tune my car but I don't know where to start. I bought an Injen Air Intake, but have not installed it. My car is a 2013 BMW 328i xDrive n26 motor, it is bone stock. I am thinking about the JB+ tune but I'm not sure if I need to add engine mods to it, such as a down pipe or exhaust system. Please help me out understand what needs to be done or if I can just plug the JB+ tune in without engine mods. I want something that is easy and doesn't need work done to the engine. I would really appreciate the help!

Also looking to buy an AWE Touring Edition Axel-Back exhaust system. Need opinions and help as far as the tune goes.

Thanks, Dom
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltamura View Post
Hey guys, looking for some help. I want to tune my car but I don't know where to start. I bought an Injen Air Intake, but have not installed it. My car is a 2013 BMW 328i xDrive n26 motor, it is bone stock. I am thinking about the JB+ tune but I'm not sure if I need to add engine mods to it, such as a down pipe or exhaust system. Please help me out understand what needs to be done or if I can just plug the JB+ tune in without engine mods. I want something that is easy and doesn't need work done to the engine. I would really appreciate the help!

Also looking to buy an AWE Touring Edition Axel-Back exhaust system. Need opinions and help as far as the tune goes.

Thanks, Dom
Just so you're aware, the intake won't add any power, it's only good for that blow-off sound, but if that's what you're after go for it.

As for a simple, stage 1 tune that's easy I would recommend Dinantronics Sport Performance tuner, which is similar to JB+, but from Dinan. I ran one for a while before upgrading to a flash tune and bolt-ons and absolutely loved it. It really woke the car up, took 5 minutes to install and never gave me a single problem. Highly reccomend it for those who are looking for a simple set it (more like plug it in) and forget it.

You also have the option of going with a flash tune, I would recommend bootmod3, but that's more involved, as you have to flash it yourself, and should run datalogs, and you are more likely to run into tune problems than with the simple Dinan sport. Sounds like Dinan sport is more up your alley.

You do not have to modify any hardware at all with a stage 1 tune, whether it be Dinan sport, bootmod3 stage 1, JB+ or any other stage 1 tune.

I don't have one, but have heard nothing but good things regarding build quality and sound of the AWE exhaust. I do know it's on the louder side though... Noelified and fate_f30 are the only guys I know off the top of my head that are running an AWE exhaust if you have specific questions.
      12-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #3
daltamura
Rep

Dude thank you so much! I really really appreciate your time! I will definitely look all that up!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #4
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude thank you so much! I really really appreciate your time! I will definitely look all that up!
      12-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #5
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
As rjdnyy224 mentioned I have AWE cat-back exhaust suite. Install was spot on, pipes were real high quality and thicker walled construction than I expected. Sections with joints were exactly where they need to be for an easy, no interference fit. This allows you to bolt up and keep loose until you twist and tweak each pipe into the perfect rotation before finally tightening down. I would suggest axle-back over a muffler delete. The rear resonator tunes the sound removing the high tones you don't want, whereas a delete allows all frequencies out. For my taste the cat-back setup was too loud for a DD with a catless DP so I put my stock cat back on. Let me know if you have any questions about my setup.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 1
rjd_F302000.50
      12-25-2018, 10:41 AM   #6
daltamura
Rep

Thanks man! I'm new to all this stuff so I'm trying to learn. It just sucks because I'm trying to find an exhaust system thats for the N26 motor. Everything I find is for the steptronic transmission. If there is any exhaust systems you know of that are compatible for my car, 2013 BMW 328i xDrive N26, please send me the links. I just really want something that is simple, sounds nice, and not ricey, and reasonably priced.

Thanks for your time, Dom
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2018, 10:03 PM   #7
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man! I'm new to all this stuff so I'm trying to learn. It just sucks because I'm trying to find an exhaust system thats for the N26 motor. Everything I find is for the steptronic transmission. If there is any exhaust systems you know of that are compatible for my car, 2013 BMW 328i xDrive N26, please send me the links. I just really want something that is simple, sounds nice, and not ricey, and reasonably priced.

Thanks for your time, Dom
For axle back exhausts like the MPE or AWE's system N20 vs. N26 doesn't matter, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding stuff that fits.
      12-26-2018, 10:54 AM   #8
daltamura
Rep

Thank you very much man! I decided to save some money for the AWE Axel-Back exhaust system. Also, I will install the Injen Air Intake. After I am gonna go deeper into the tunes!
Appreciate 1
rjd_F302000.50
      12-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #9
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you very much man! I decided to save some money for the AWE Axel-Back exhaust system. Also, I will install the Injen Air Intake. After I am gonna go deeper into the tunes!
Sounds good brotha, enjoy!
      02-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #10
fate_f30
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Just so you're aware, the intake won't add any power, it's only good for that blow-off sound, but if that's what you're after go for it.

As for a simple, stage 1 tune that's easy I would recommend Dinantronics Sport Performance tuner, which is similar to JB+, but from Dinan. I ran one for a while before upgrading to a flash tune and bolt-ons and absolutely loved it. It really woke the car up, took 5 minutes to install and never gave me a single problem. Highly reccomend it for those who are looking for a simple set it (more like plug it in) and forget it.

You also have the option of going with a flash tune, I would recommend bootmod3, but that's more involved, as you have to flash it yourself, and should run datalogs, and you are more likely to run into tune problems than with the simple Dinan sport. Sounds like Dinan sport is more up your alley.

You do not have to modify any hardware at all with a stage 1 tune, whether it be Dinan sport, bootmod3 stage 1, JB+ or any other stage 1 tune.

I don't have one, but have heard nothing but good things regarding build quality and sound of the AWE exhaust. I do know it's on the louder side though... Noelified and fate_f30 are the only guys I know off the top of my head that are running an AWE exhaust if you have specific questions.
For me the AWE exhaust made a HUGE improvement for styling and sound quality. It also weighs half of what the stock exhaust set up weighs.
2014 GLACIER SILVER F30 328i * Wheels:18" VMR V801 Titanium Black Shadow * Springs: DINAN 1" Lowering Springs * Tune: BM3 OTS E30/93 OCT * Engine: Evolution Racewerks Catless DP/CP/FMIC * Intake: AWE S-Flo Carbon Fiber Intake * Exhaust: AWE Exhaust Suite + Mid Pipe * Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve * Plugs: NGK LI Plugs * Lights: Depo Angel Eyes W/ Morimoto HID's * Hood: Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
Appreciate 4