BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-02-2019, 11:12 PM   #1
tqbmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 550

Are the keys linked to the cell phones you sync at the time?

I ask because with one key both my wife and I synced our phones. Pretty neat that it shows both phones and their battery level when both phones are in the car. Also if either rings, it goes through the car and we can also play audio from both phones.

We did this with one key. With the other we only synced one phone and when we use that key, only one phone shows up.

Is this how it is suppose to work? Pretty neat that 2 phones show up and are linked and the car allows that! Is this new to the 2019?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #2
desirusso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 SG

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Would love to know this.... we were both in my car and my CarPlay picked up even though my husbands profile was in use... so my phone was connected but didn't show up as being connected. His showed WiFi connected. I had to disable the CarPlay for his to work... would love a work around so both of ours would be useful if we want