BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
adr1974
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive 40i

Struggling with color selections

Hey guys - I'll need to make a decision within the next month or so. Really struggling with the color selection. Initially was thinking arctic grey (top exterior choice) on white extended. While I think the white is the best looking interior, after seeing real pics of it (with the seatbacks, etc) I think it will be too much of a pain to keep clean. So I'm debating between coffee and tartufo...wondering how either would pair with arctic grey, or if I'm better off going with a darker exterior. Appreciate the input...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr1974 View Post
Hey guys - I'll need to make a decision within the next month or so. Really struggling with the color selection. Initially was thinking arctic grey (top exterior choice) on white extended. While I think the white is the best looking interior, after seeing real pics of it (with the seatbacks, etc) I think it will be too much of a pain to keep clean. So I'm debating between coffee and tartufo...wondering how either would pair with arctic grey, or if I'm better off going with a darker exterior. Appreciate the input...
Tartufo.l. Would be a nice contrast with Arctic grey.

After viewing the new coffee interior color, it's lighter and less rich in color than F15 mocha's dark brown.

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #3
adr1974
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Tartufo.l. Would be a nice contrast with Arctic grey.

After viewing the new coffee interior color, it's lighter and less rich in color than F15 mocha's dark brown.
I swung by the dealership yesterday and they had a tartufo on the floor. Looked great...not nearly as orange as depicted in a lot of the pics. My F15 has mocha...which I like but think it's TOO dark for my tastes, so I actually like coffee...just strikes me as classy where the tartufo is sporty (IMO).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:34 PM   #4
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

I think that would be one heck of a combination: Arctic Grey w/white extended.

It *may* require a bit more upkeep depending upon kids, pets, passengers, etc. but likely be worth the extra effort. Candidly, the more I see the Ivory, the more I like it. I’ve yet to read a post from an owner saying they would never do Ivory twice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
adr1974
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post

It *may* require a bit more upkeep depending upon kids, pets, passengers, etc. but likely be worth the extra effort. Candidly, the more I see the Ivory, the more I like it. I’ve yet to read a post from an owner saying they would never do Ivory twice.
Would be an incredible combo...my first choice...but my kids are 13, 11, 6, and 6...and while the young ones aren't in the car all that much...I know it'll bring out the best of my OCD.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
I have Artic Grey with Tartufo and Matte anthracite poplar trim. It arrived at dealer yesterday. I hear it looks nice. Waiting for pics!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
adr1974
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
Quote:
I have Artic Grey with Tartufo and Matte anthracite poplar trim. It arrived at dealer yesterday. I hear it looks nice. Waiting for pics!
Awesome — can't wait to see and to hear your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:46 PM   #8
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

I feel your pain. We stuggled too about getting the ivory interior. After reading posts from those who have it we decide to go for it for my wife's G05 being built this very week. She decided on Phytonic Blue with Ivory extended Merino. After we placed the order some forum members started posting that color combmination and it really looks stunning to me. That said, Artic Grey with Ivory would be amazing. Take a chance and go for Ivory! Good luck!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:51 PM   #9
ctestb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I literally had this same issue and as someone suggested, I went to the dealership and literally saw each interior in 5 different x5's. I ended up getting Tartufo. It's a beautiful brown with no hints of Orange in real life.

Trust me!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #10
adr1974
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctestb View Post
I literally had this same issue and as someone suggested, I went to the dealership and literally saw each interior in 5 different x5's. I ended up getting Tartufo. It's a beautiful brown with no hints of Orange in real life.

Trust me!
Which trim did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 08:13 PM   #11
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Arctic Gray with Coffee...

(Tartufo was too pumpkin-like. Went with Beige on my E70 and had to deal with blue jean dye transfer and a lot of other crap that meant constant cleaning. No more....)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
adr1974127.50
      01-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #12
mbarrett635
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post

I did do Ivory twice. I had it for four years in my recently traded F15 X5, which saw pretty heavy use. It would show dirt, but was easily cleaned. I tip I found online suggested using a solution of 60% water/40% Woolite. Spray it on, work it a little with a soft brush, and wipe clean. Very easy, and worked great for me.

Any leather will accumulate dirt which should be cleaned regularly. Having a color that hides dirt just allows you to accumulate more dirt before you wind up cleaning it. That's my .02 cents worth of advice.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 09:33 PM   #13
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
Having a color that hides dirt just allows you to accumulate more dirt before you wind up cleaning it.
Exactly! Very happy to not have to clean my coffee interior and chase every stain with a clean-up job because it sticks out like a sore thumb.
Appreciate 0