BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

A couple Performance Center Delivery questions

I'm picking up my G05 in South Carolina. I've searched extensively hoping these two questions about Performance Center Delivery have already benn asked and answered. No luck.

Question 1:

My CA wants me to come in by the end of this month, January, to sign papers for a February 11 pickup. Do I own the car point of signing from a liability standpoint? I can't image so but I was wondering if anyone knows.

Question 2:

If I sign on say January 31, does loan and the DMV license reflect that date, even though I don't take delivery until February 11?

and finally, Question 3:

When picking up the car, what happens if there are problems with the car and I don't want to take delivery. Does the fact taht I signed papers on January 31 without driving the car affect my options if there are problems with the car?

The chances of an issue are extremely remote and I'm not worried. I just want to know.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Trying to remember my last performance center purchase, but I think you have bought the car before you get there. Somebody correct me if they have specific knowledge that I’m wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Just went through this with my M2C purchase. I will answer with what I've experienced thus far. This is my first performance center delivery.

1. Yep, at least in North Carolina where I'm at. The loan started the day I signed the papers (I got the first bill a week later), so I had to get the insurance transferred over on the same day.

2. Yep. All the title document and such I signed was sent to DMV with the date I signed the paperwork. As far as NC is concerned, I already have the car.

3. I hope that doesn't happen. I haven't gotten mine yet, picking it up next Friday on the 18th.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11413.50