BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Fitment problem with Eisenmann DP's

01-14-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Fitment problem with Eisenmann DP's

My shop R1 motorsport is telling me the uppers and lowers I purchased from iND aren't fitting properly.

I circled back with IND to make sure all of the correct parts were sent and they verified that they were, but shop still states the DP's Do not line up properly and that there is about an inch gap between the two.

I visited the shop and they showed me with my own eyes. That once the DP's are aligned with the brackets they are to be screwed into that they don't align with Each other. I've included pictures. Anyone with Eisenmann DP's have any problem similar to this?

I thought these were all 3D modeled. And that fitment was suppose to be perfect?

What gives??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #2
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

Pretty sure MikoM has these down pipes. Hopefully he can help.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Not by me, got both off them done.
Nobody mentioned anything.
Did you replace the mid pipes too?
      01-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Having custom mud pipes done. That's not where the problem is through. The problem is the connection between the upper DP's and the lower dp's. They don't align correctly. There is a gap between them and it's not possible to move them around because both the upper and lower DP's have brackets in which they need to be screwed into a mount.

If you try to align the pipes the brackets don't align with the mount. If you try to align the brackets to the mount the pipes don't align. Something weird going on here.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:44 PM   #5
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

Is it possibly a left/right reversal issue?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #6
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Is it possibly a left/right reversal issue?
That's what I was thinking at first but I feel like my shop couldn't be that dumb lol. These guys are top notch. Not a hole in the wall shop. They have custom fabricated full catback exhaust systems for every exotic under the sun.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f90_FTW View Post
Quote:
Having custom mud pipes done. That's not where the problem is through. The problem is the connection between the upper DP's and the lower dp's. They don't align correctly. There is a gap between them and it's not possible to move them around because both the upper and lower DP's have brackets in which they need to be screwed into a mount.

If you try to align the pipes the brackets don't align with the mount. If you try to align the brackets to the mount the pipes don't align. Something weird going on here.
I think they are symmetrical.
I am not sure left/ right can be switched.
Anything in manufacturing has tolerance and unfortunately mistakes can be made. I don't think QC is checking 100% off product.
I work in manufacturing mine self.

Don't know what to tell you. Nobody said anything about fitment issues on mine assembly.
IND can probably send you new pair to try and see if there is difference in between?
      01-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #8
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Anything in manufacturing has tolerance and unfortunately mistakes can be made. I don't think QC is checking 100% off product.

Don't know what to tell you. Nobody said anything about fitment issues on mine assembly.
IND can probably send you new pair to try and see if there is difference in between?
Update : my shop says that after they verified all of the parts were correct they said they gave it another go. They said they had to massage the metals and bend some mounts and finally it's an OKAY fitment. They said they still need to start the engine and verify the v band at the turbo isn't leaking.

After all is said and done and if they get it to fit they still say that the fitment is terrible. I expected a little bit better from Eisenman. I'm not really too thrilled with this experience.

Just a heads up for the rest of you. Hopefully if you go that route your experience is better than mine.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:15 PM   #9
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Update : my shop says that after they verified all of the parts were correct they said they gave it another go. They said they had to massage the metals and bend some mounts and finally it's an OKAY fitment. They said they still need to start the engine and verify the v bend pipe at the turbo isn't leaking.

After all is said and done and if they get it to fit they still say that the fitment is terrible. I expected a little bit better from Eisenman. I'm not really too thrilled with this experience.

Just a heads up for the rest of you. Hopefully if you go that route your experience is better than mine.
Glad it worked out ok
Hope no issues after test run!
      01-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

I’d retighten the vbands after a heat cycle. Sounds like the mounting brackets were not correct. They should be fine after the “massage”.
Appreciate 1
f90_FTW152.50
      01-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #11
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

We should have a reply back tomorrow from Eisenmann Germany. If anything is wrong they will make it right for you. This is the first time we have had any issues with the new F90 downpipes. All of the sets come off of the same jig.
      01-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #12
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We should have a reply back tomorrow from Eisenmann Germany. If anything is wrong they will make it right for you. This is the first time we have had any issues with the new F90 downpipes. All of the sets come off of the same jig.
Thanks for your quick reply to my e-mail nate. Saved time and money on the lift. I'm looking forward to Eisenmann's response. I think they got it to work. Will know soon but like I said. They weren't too happy with fitment. I lot of "corrections " had to be made. And we are still in a gray area about it. Eisenmann advertises precision fitment. This seems not to be the deal in my specific case. I'm hoping all goes well. I know Eisenmann and iND would definitely accommodate me if we aren't able to make it work.

Just a bit of an inconvenience if that happens. Having to wait for new parts and an additional weekend of the car siting not being worked on. Keeping our fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #13
apsuard
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Perfect timing for this post as I was considering both Eisenmann upper & lower downpipes along with midpipes and race exhaust. I will wait to see how this is cleared up. I hate having fitment issues. It is so annoying.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:02 PM   #14
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsuard View Post
Perfect timing for this post as I was considering both Eisenmann upper & lower downpipes along with midpipes and race exhaust. I will wait to see how this is cleared up. I hate having fitment issues. It is so annoying.
Update: they did it. My shop had a very hard time with them. But after wrestling around with them for hours, they finally got it.

After research I've discovered that seems to be the case with most of the Eisenmann DP's right now.

They aren't perfect but everyone is able to make it happen with some additional work.
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      01-15-2019, 06:10 PM   #15
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update: they did it. My shop had a very hard time with them. But after wrestling around with them for hours, they finally got it.

After research I've discovered that seems to be the case with most of the Eisenmann DP's right now.

They aren't perfect but everyone is able to make it happen with some additional work.
Glad it worked out ok

With little magic and improvising anything can be done

How dose it sound?
      01-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #16
f90_FTW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Glad it worked out ok

How dose it sound?
Not out of shop yet. DP's done, but now custom fabricating xpipe to connect to Eisenmann race mufflers. Will post soon!
Appreciate 1
Miko M6648.50
      01-15-2019, 06:13 PM   #17
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Glad it worked out ok

How dose it sound?
Not out of shop yet. DP's done, but now custom fabricating xpipe to connect to Eisenmann race mufflers. Will post soon!
Nice, happy for you.
I love mine, this car is just amazing
f90_FTW152.50
      01-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #18
KellerPerformance
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

That's why you buy what's already tested and the best on the market, 3D Scanned for perfect fit Keller Performance Downpipes, not 1 issue, all 100% satisfied customers.
Appreciate 1
f90_FTW152.50
      01-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #19
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerPerformance View Post
That's why you buy what's already tested and the best on the market, 3D Scanned for perfect fit Keller Performance Downpipes, not 1 issue, all 100% satisfied customers.
I'd recommend knowing the facts before jumping in a thread. Eisenmann also 3D scanned the downpipes and are an OEM manufacture in Germany for Porsche and AMG. The feedback from Eisenmann regarding this install was the tech competently bolted down the upper downpipes then went to install them to the lowers. The down pipes need to fully lined up before torquing anything down.
      01-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #20
KellerPerformance
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'd recommend knowing the facts before jumping in a thread. Eisenmann also 3D scanned the downpipes and are an OEM manufacture in Germany for Porsche and AMG. The feedback from Eisenmann regarding this install was the tech competently bolted down the upper downpipes then went to install them to the lowers. The down pipes need to fully lined up before torquing anything down.
Quote:

I'm sorry I was just commenting based on OP comments that's all, our pipes don't require any additional work, sorry if I hurt your feelings, let's all be friends
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 12:56 PM   #21
Nate@IND
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellerPerformance View Post
I'm sorry I was just commenting based on OP comments that's all, our pipes don't require any additional work, sorry if I hurt your feelings, let's all be friends
No feelings involved. Let's keep it professional on here. I would never post in a thread regarding a product that you offer.
      01-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #22
KellerPerformance
Private
Rep

Quote:
No feelings involved. Let's keep it professional on here. I would never post in a thread regarding a product that you offer.
Ok, it all worked out for OP, and that's what matters, amazing customer care on your side, thank you !
Appreciate 0