BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #1
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

“No signal” message then iDrive auto reboots.

I wanted to report a new message I haven’t seen yet. I typically get a good signal to my X5 inside my garage. But now I have 10” of wet snow on my garage roof and when I went to start my X5 in the garage, the iDrive displayed a “No sigal” message and began to reboot itself. After reboot weather, news, gps all loaded up fine displaying updated information. I am impressed I even got a sigal with that much snow insulating my garage roof . Has anyone else seen the “no signal” message/ auto reboot? My guess it was snow related as I have never seen this.
Appreciate 1
BmwGk36.50
      01-20-2019, 02:32 PM   #2
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 G05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I wanted to report a new message I haven’t seen yet. I typically get a good signal to my X5 inside my garage. But now I have 10” of wet snow on my garage roof and when I went to start my X5 in the garage, the iDrive displayed a “No sigal” message and began to reboot itself. After reboot weather, news, gps all loaded up fine displaying updated information. I am impressed I even got a sigal with that much snow insulating my garage roof . Has anyone else seen the “no signal” message/ auto reboot? My guess it was snow related as I have never seen this.
Nope. Not seen that, but I have open air where my car is parked. Maybe that's a self-healing procedure in the car if it notices the signal low.
      01-20-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerstyler View Post
Nope. Not seen that, but I have open air where my car is parked. Maybe that's a self-healing procedure in the car if it notices the signal low.
That was my guess. I have played around with this car so much since delivery before Christmas that I kinda know what’s a “normal” current bug. This particular one was a first. No other car with satellite services would ever get a signal with this much snow on my roof. I’m actually rather impressed with how BMW uses their antenna.

My paved driveway is a sheet of ice now and (after football) I am gonna take the X5 out and see how it’s 4x4 traction system responds to my hill.

Last edited by MystroX5; 01-20-2019 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0