BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > *** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features

01-23-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

*** bootmod3 *** New Dashboard features

Hey guys, wanted to demo the new bootmod3 dashboard and gauge features to you that over time we have collected and now incorporated.

Here are the new features included with the latest 0.10.047 update:

- peak recall for min and max values
- re-arrangement of gauge using simple drag and drop
- close gauges by tapping on them and hitting the x in the top right corner
- orientation detection and handling so gauges render appropriately on mobile devices as device changes orientation from portrait to landscape and back
- ability to set alarms - min and max threshold values, if breached for a given channel with place a red border around that channel for a period of 5 secs currently. We can expand on this further if needed. Suggestions welcome as always
- configure precision(decimals) if defaults aren’t satisfactory for any reason (we have defaults set up for what we feel is pretty decent, e.g. engine speed won’t show with decimal places 🙂
- show a pointer on the gauge or turn it off
- change colours for pointer, gauge sweep and dial
- configure custom min and max values for each gauge
- configure gauge refresh speed. Default is realtime (fastest updating no delay) but you can now also slow down updates to each gauge as needed to 1, 5 or 10 Hz (1, 5 or 10 updates per second)
- set each gauge to imperial or metric units and in case of pressure channels to absolute or relative, overriding the global defaults if you like. Say boost you like in psi but temp you prefer Celsius for some reason, now you can
- speed, gauges in realtime even faster responding
- small mobile device screen support (i.e. iPhone 5)
- using a fixed width font for gauge values

There is more coming and as always we’re looking to you guys for suggestions so we can build this out even further where needed. Let us know your thoughts💪💪

Web version and the new OBD Agent are released. Android and iOS apps are in app review and should hopefully be available soon for download/update.

NOTE: Excuse the low res on the video. It was an upload to Facebook which decided to shrink the resolution of it for some reason

Appreciate 2
akkando5860.00
FSociety3810.00
      01-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Bootmod3 continues to surpass
No competition whatsoever , the platform / features / tunes

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #4
Proctor750
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

For those that are still under warranty and want to keep up with paperwork on the car do you just flash to stock and relock before visiting the dealer just in case?
My knowledge is limited but I remember a tuner on my merc diesel who warned me to flash to stock before hooking up SDS as it could update or screw up the tune.

Sorry for the side bar - didn't see the answer in the faq section
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2019, 01:12 PM   #5
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctor750 View Post
For those that are still under warranty and want to keep up with paperwork on the car do you just flash to stock and relock before visiting the dealer just in case?
My knowledge is limited but I remember a tuner on my merc diesel who warned me to flash to stock before hooking up SDS as it could update or screw up the tune.

That's my understanding of what people do. Also it should be understood there is no guarantee BMW won't find out the car was tuned no matter what you do to hide it, and that if they dig hard enough they will find out.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctor750 View Post

Flash back to stock 2-3 days before dealer visits and make sure you lock the ECU if your dealer is not mod friendly. This gives you and the car time to go through a few restart cycles and Full Throttle in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
That's my understanding of what people do. Also it should be understood there is no guarantee BMW won't find out the car was tuned no matter what you do to hide it, and that if they dig hard enough they will find out.
If the dealer is not mod friendly they can get you for just downpipe, wheels, springs, sometimes they can be like that. Advice is to become friends with SA but always make it easier for them to work on the car (Flashing Stock and Relocking only takes 4mins out of your day).

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1