E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Thoughts on 2009 MY E92 or E93 Order with Pricing negotiations?

07-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #1
hpc3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 G80 Base, Build Week 12

Thoughts on 2009 MY E92 or E93 Order with Pricing negotiations?

I'm still bouncing around on what car I'll order in Aug/Sept this year. Have driven a E90 and am now thinking I'll look more at the E92/E93 since the LCI was anno'ed. Like the lights but... thats about it.

Question is what type of pricing negotiations will I have with ordering an '09 coupe or convertible? I did not intentionally wait for the '09s on these but the timeframe for purchase just landed me here overall. I'm planning on starting at invoice and working up on pricing understanding these are new MY cars but hoping there will still be some leverage since the E92/E93 really haven't changed. Does this sound realistic? Also does the PCD play into the pricing at all like the ED does? I want to have the negotiations go smoothly.

Another option is maybe getting a leftover E90 M3(unlikely but...) as I've been to 3 dealerships in the past two weeks and have no less than 11 E90s to choose from. What are the expectations that the dealers would drop below invoice and by how much anytime soon? They could probably sit on them another 3-4mos and hope sales pick up but the MY pressures "are starting now" as one salesman told me.

TIA for any purchasing/pricing advice.
Appreciate 0