BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    I'm on the Glovis Cosmos...headed to Baltimore...Anyone else?

02-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #1
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I'm on the Glovis Cosmos...headed to Baltimore...Anyone else?

My M5 Comp order is finally in transit!! While it seemed like an eternity at port in Bremerhaven, the actual time turned out to be 10 days while waiting on a boat. Finally got the good news its in transit on the Glovis Cosmos and due to arrive in Baltimore around 3/4.

VPC processing time and then transit to my dealer in the Midwest...once they get it, I need to have it transported to me here in Texas. I'm hoping late March by the time its gets to my driveway. I better call IND pretty soon and get the mods ordered.
      02-19-2019, 10:43 PM   #2
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

Congratulations! I remember checking the site daily (ok hourly) when awaiting my F10!
      02-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #3
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

WTF...I just checked marinetraffic.com and now it is saying the ship is scheduled to arrive port on 3/8!! That is B/S! It was originally scheduled to arrive 2/27...then moved to 3/5...now saying 3/8. How can that be? Is the captain drunk and wandering around the Atlantic aimlessly? How can a transit time move back 9 days...Seriously! NOT HAPPY!!

Last edited by dardeca; 02-24-2019 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #4
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
WTF...I just checked marinetraffic.com and now it is saying the ship is scheduled to arrive port on 3/8!! That is B/S! It was originally scheduled to arrive 2/27...then moved to 3/5...now saying 3/8. How can that be? Is the captain drunk and wandering around the Atlantic aimlessly? How can a transit time move back 9 days...Seriously! NOT HAPPY!!
Somali pirates?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 07:03 PM   #5
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Somali pirates?
Maybe...perhaps the captain doesn’t realize the direct route to Baltimore is going west out of Bremerhaven. Maybe he is going east around India and thru the Panama Canal. Seriously pissed off.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 09:59 PM   #6
weingarm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
My M5 Comp order is finally in transit!! While it seemed like an eternity at port in Bremerhaven, the actual time turned out to be 10 days while waiting on a boat. Finally got the good news its in transit on the Glovis Cosmos and due to arrive in Baltimore around 3/4.

VPC processing time and then transit to my dealer in the Midwest...once they get it, I need to have it transported to me here in Texas. I'm hoping late March by the time its gets to my driveway. I better call IND pretty soon and get the mods ordered.
Hey dardeca-

So are you saying your car took 10 days while the status said "At the port" before it changed to "In transit"?

My M5 changed to "At the port" on 2/21 (last Thursday). So if your experience is typical, 10 days means mine won't be "In transit" until 3/2. I'm guessing that would mean arrival at the port of Charleston, SC around 3/16. I have delivery scheduled for the Performance Center in Spartanburg 4/5 so hopefully this works out!
      02-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
Hey dardeca-

So are you saying your car took 10 days while the status said "At the port" before it changed to "In transit"?

My M5 changed to "At the port" on 2/21 (last Thursday). So if your experience is typical, 10 days means mine won't be "In transit" until 3/2. I'm guessing that would mean arrival at the port of Charleston, SC around 3/16. I have delivery scheduled for the Performance Center in Spartanburg 4/5 so hopefully this works out!
Yes - my car sat at port in Bremerhaven for 10 days before it was put on a vessel. I think generally they sit at port around 7-14 days. Depending on what vessel you get put on...and how many stops it has before Charleston, will determine transit time. My vessel is going direct from Bremerhaven to Baltimore and for some unknown reason it is scheduled to take 20 days.

On a side note, your PC delivery timing should be fine.
      03-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
weingarm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hey dardeca-

Yes - my car sat at port in Bremerhaven for 10 days before it was put on a vessel. I think generally they sit at port around 7-14 days. Depending on what vessel you get put on...and how many stops it has before Charleston, will determine transit time. My vessel is going direct from Bremerhaven to Baltimore and for some unknown reason it is scheduled to take 20 days.

On a side note, your PC delivery timing should be fine.
Now posted "In transit" as of 3/5. Hopefully in Charleston by 3/19 with delivery at the PC in Spartanburg on 4/5.
      03-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #9
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Now posted "In transit" as of 3/5. Hopefully in Charleston by 3/19 with delivery at the PC in Spartanburg on 4/5.

i look forward to your review on SC, i have heard no negatives about the experience. Doing it in May i believe. Right now the car is just nuts and bolts, nothing held together yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 06:50 PM   #10
weingarm
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Quote:

i look forward to your review on SC, i have heard no negatives about the experience. Doing it in May i believe. Right now the car is just nuts and bolts, nothing held together yet.
My M5 is on the Horizon Highway, expected arrival in Charleston either 3/23 or 3/24. Expecting PC Spartanburg delivery 4/5.

This will be my 2nd delivery in SC. I picked up a 335xi coupe there back in '08. Fantastic experience. I recommend anyone who can - do this at least once.
      03-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #11
weingarm
Captain
Rep

Hey Dardeca - did you get you M5 Comp yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #12
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Dardeca - did you get you M5 Comp yet?
Dealer sent me this pic yesterday...so car arrived at the dealership early Saturday morning.

I'm out of state...so completing the paperwork and getting the car shipped to me...I suspect I'll have it by Thursday or Friday.

I will say that once my boat finally arrived in Baltimore, the VPC processed the car extremely fast and it was on the transport truck to my dealer ASAP. As a reference point, my dealer is in the Midwest...so my car got to the Baltimore VPC on Friday, March 8 and was delivered to my dealer one week later.
Attached Images