E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY Help Needed... Sway Bar Install

07-25-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
T7R_Sky
"I know you know that I know you know..."
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E90 328i

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [0.00]
DIY Help Needed... Sway Bar Install

I've been trying to find as much info on this as possible. I understand the need to drop the rear subframe and all that good stuff. But nobody has really posted up many details about it. So here is what i gather so far...

1) The Subframe is held up by 4 big torx bolts, one on each corner.
2) You also need to disconnect the subframe from the rear of the muffler.
3) You have to undo the sway bar from the piece that attaches it to the control arm.
4) then you place a jack underneath the diff. and drop the subframe a few inches then undo the sway bar and replace.
5) then reverse those steps to put it back together.

As for the front, i basically just need to remove all the underplastics and switch those out like normal.

Can anyone comment as to whether or not those steps are correct or if I am missing anything? Like do i need to undo any other parts under the car to get this to work? I promise if I can atleast get a good idea of the process i'll post a DIY after i'm done just incase anybody else is crazy enough to do it too.

Also if anyone knows a place where to buy a torx socket big enough to undo the subframe that would be great. I already checked Sears, Autozone, Kraigen and Pep Boys

Thanks in advance for the help.
Appreciate 0