F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MHD Stage 2+ and GFB dv+ install and issues
Extreme Powerhouse

04-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
TheFalc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i X-Drive M-Sport BLK

MHD Stage 2+ and GFB dv+ install and issues

Hi everyone.

I've been running a stage 1 MHD for a few months now, but since doing some monitoring, I've noticed I'm getting not hitting boost target, ever. I assume there is a leak somewhere.

I've ordered some upgrades (fmic, cp, catless dp) so I can do a stage 2, and I am seeing that I may want to consider the dv at this time, since common boost leak there.

I have an F32 N55 EWG xdrive. My questions are three:

1. I've heard MHD stage2+ tunes have problems with the gfb dv+ (mentioned by another user) and you should pull out the spring. Is anyone running this currently without issue with latest MHD? Did you remove the spring from the dv+? Should I consider an OEM replacement?

2. What additional or how much additional work was it to do with F32 xdrive?

3. Anything else I should consider doing while I'm doing all this, given my boost target issue and/or anything else my logs might indicate? Troubleshooting tips?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!!

Attaching some logs:

WOT 3rd gear
https://datazap.me/u/brandongroce/on...38;data=3-4-15

WOT 3/4/5 gears
https://datazap.me/u/brandongroce/wo...38;data=3-4-15

2015 435i X-Drive M-Sport BLK FBO MHD Stg 2+ xHP Stg 2
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
Sevelyth
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 BMW E92 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalc View Post
Hi everyone.

I've been running a stage 1 MHD for a few months now, but since doing some monitoring, I've noticed I'm getting not hitting boost target, ever. I assume there is a leak somewhere.

I've ordered some upgrades (fmic, cp, catless dp) so I can do a stage 2, and I am seeing that I may want to consider the dv at this time, since common boost leak there.

I have an F32 N55 EWG xdrive. My questions are three:

1. I've heard MHD stage2+ tunes have problems with the gfb dv+ (mentioned by another user) and you should pull out the spring. Is anyone running this currently without issue with latest MHD? Did you remove the spring from the dv+? Should I consider an OEM replacement?

2. What additional or how much additional work was it to do with F32 xdrive?

3. Anything else I should consider doing while I'm doing all this, given my boost target issue and/or anything else my logs might indicate? Troubleshooting tips?

Cheers, and thanks in advance!!

Attaching some logs:

WOT 3rd gear
https://datazap.me/u/brandongroce/on...=0&data=3-4-15

WOT 3/4/5 gears
https://datazap.me/u/brandongroce/wo...=0&data=3-4-15
Its rare to hit boost target as its actually just a target ceiling you should not exceed. You have ZERO I repeat ZERO timing corrections and your logs are clean. You did not really need to buy that GFB DV+ if you are asking me.

I bought it because my stock one broke and I was spiking from 13PSI to 22 or so due to compression surge.

You are good bro, go drive your car.
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 04:45 PM   #3
Martin.328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 6mt 335

I highly recommend upgrading to the gfb. Its rubber and it will eventually tear n fail. Even the plastic one from the n26 fails
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
TheFalc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i X-Drive M-Sport BLK

Great. I bought it, but I'll probably sit on it for a while then. Having enough hassle doing this downpipe at the moment. Cheers everyone.

2015 435i X-Drive M-Sport BLK FBO MHD Stg 2+ xHP Stg 2
Appreciate 0