BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Parking Assistant

05-20-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
BarrowJon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Parking Assistant

When using the build configurator, parking assistant shows as an available option, but after selecting the driving assistance package, the parking assistant option is no longer available and does not appear in the driving assistance package?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowJon View Post
When using the build configurator, parking assistant shows as an available option, but after selecting the driving assistance package, the parking assistant option is no longer available and does not appear in the driving assistance package?
Yep. Confusing. Best to work it with the SA to understand what can be mixed vs not. I ended up not getting the Parking Assistant because I got confused with the configuration. While the PA is not a necessity (for me) the DA package is re: cross traffic warning. The visibility to the rear is quite bad with the top up and that functionality will come in handy when backing out.
      05-20-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
BarrowJon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Yeah, appears you can one or the other, but not both. I as well added the driving assistance package, which will be more beneficial to me than the parking assistant.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #4
CeEl
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Same here ... worst part is that early versions of the paper configuration guide made it seem possible to add both, so some dealers will tell you that you can (but really, you can’t).

Agree, cross traffic etc. is more important here in the US. The park distance control together with the camera & being able to lower passenger mirror works quite well for the few times I had to parallel park.

The other option you don’t get is the car retracing the last however many feet in reverse to get out of a tight spot. I would have loved to have that, the 30i I test drove had it.
Appreciate 0