E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sport seat does everything but lower down.

05-30-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
BryanH
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan (6MT), MR2T

Sport seat does everything but lower down.

Greetings all, I just bought a 2011 328i sedan last weekend and it's having its first problem in my ownership. I've searched around quite a bit on this forum and the internet in general and found info on many seat problems, but not this one.

The driver's side power Sport seat works in all ways except lowering the overall height of the bottom cushion. It will go up but never down - so every time I raise it up that's its new minimum height. This will become a problem if I keep testing it in that way, or if others drive the car and raise the seat...

Usually the first 2 or 3 times I press the switch to move the seat down I hear an audible click from under the seat. Every time after that I press the switch and hear nothing at all. It makes no difference whether I'm sitting in the seat or not. The motor never seems to engage.

Is the module going bad? Does the car think there's an obstruction and it refuses to lower the seat, eventually disabling the switch control after a few tries? I haven't found a reset procedure for the seat module anywhere.

Tilt of the front portion of the seat bottom goes both up and down. Only the overall height (and rear of bottom cushion height, if that adjusts) refuses to go down.

Based on the fact I can always hear a click the first couple times, I'm not convinced the switch itself is going bad at this point. It appears something is rejecting the request from the switch.

Last edited by BryanH; 05-30-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0