BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Connected drive still down ?

Been 2 weeks connected drive still not working read numerous complaints online, took car to dealership they tried everything nothing fixed it bmw genius and connected drive customer service said due to it migration there are a lot of cars out , dealership going crazy with amount of people coming in ! Bmw has no timeline to fix issues! They should hire ford or Kia it technicians for a few days to fix the problem, this is crazy now , remote start and cameras still not working , I logged many complaints they extended my service for 6 months , and all I keep hearing from wife is I told you we should have purchased the Mercedes
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
BBock727
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Works for me
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBock727 View Post
Works for me
I'm in nyc were are you located?? Dealers around me said many customers are down
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #4
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
I doubt that Connected Drive is really down. It seems to be generally working for most now. But BWM software and infra systems are shit and we need to jump through wild hoops to trick their software into working, but only for a few minutes at a time.

My first recommendation is to give up to save your sanity — none of these functions are all that compelling in the first place, and considering the aggravation, giving up is quite rational. After doing so, you'll notice the sun come out from behind the clouds, be surprised at the lovely rose flower scents, free love and human harmony, and all that.

But if you're a masochist, let's get started: do the following in some order that makes sense to you (but not necessarily the order below), then again in random order, but don't forget to spin around and throw salt behind your shoulder (or better yet, onto a fresh body cut) before every step:

- log out of the CD app

- uninstall the CD app

- reinstall the CD app (think about this, it's never been easier to give up than just before this step)

- delete your profile in the car; what? you lost all your settings and now need to spend hours finding all the tricky bits? well you did say you were a masochist, so enjoy and you are welcome!

- create a new driver profile with same user id as your account on Connected Drive and CD app (this is also a great time to consider jumping off a bridge or returning the car and getting a rusty bicycle with a stick instead of a seat, your choice)

- update the iDrive apps; can't find the obvious spot to do that? dumbass, it's obvious; well the search is half the fun; hint: press the option button (if you can find that) after every tap, button press, and spin of the knob (the car's, not yours, you depraved bastard) to discover unexpected surprises!

- occasionally pause for 15 min to a year between random steps to let the tired digital bits rest

If above doesn't get you off, you masochistic sicko, post again and we'll invent more drama and games. Sheesh.
      06-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #5
Muzaffar
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5

Mine works pretty good.
Atlanta, GA
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Mine works flawlessly as well - knock on wood! It wasn't working at all until the software got updated and since then been working every time. Hopefully it stays that way. The feature I use the most is remote climatize.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:36 PM   #7
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I doubt that Connected Drive is really down. It seems to be generally working for most now. But BWM software and infra systems are shit and we need to jump through wild hoops to trick their software into working, but only for a few minutes at a time.

My first recommendation is to give up to save your sanity — none of these functions are all that compelling in the first place, and considering the aggravation, giving up is quite rational. After doing so, you'll notice the sun come out from behind the clouds, be surprised at the lovely rose flower scents, free love and human harmony, and all that.

But if you're a masochist, let's get started: do the following in some order that makes sense to you (but not necessarily the order below), then again in random order, but don't forget to spin around and throw salt behind your shoulder (or better yet, onto a fresh body cut) before every step:

- log out of the CD app

- uninstall the CD app

- reinstall the CD app (think about this, it's never been easier to give up than just before this step)

- delete your profile in the car; what? you lost all your settings and now need to spend hours finding all the tricky bits? well you did say you were a masochist, so enjoy and you are welcome!

- create a new driver profile with same user id as your account on Connected Drive and CD app (this is also a great time to consider jumping off a bridge or returning the car and getting a rusty bicycle with a stick instead of a seat, your choice)

- update the iDrive apps; can't find the obvious spot to do that? dumbass, it's obvious; well the search is half the fun; hint: press the option button (if you can find that) after every tap, button press, and spin of the knob (the car's, not yours, you depraved bastard) to discover unexpected surprises!

- occasionally pause for 15 min to a year between random steps to let the tired digital bits rest

If above doesn't get you off, you masochistic sicko, post again and we'll invent more drama and games. Sheesh.
Yes did all of those things still nothing , to me the remote start is a must and without it I personally would have chosen a different vehicle
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Quote:

- log out of the CD app

- uninstall the CD app

Yes did all of those things still nothing , to me the remote start is a must and without it I personally would have chosen a different vehicle

Touché. But this does mean you're a masochist, welcome to the team!

More seriously, remote start is available on the key fob and the range is impressive; not "anywhere with Internet"-impressive range of the app if it ever works, but quite far. Worth a shot?
      06-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #9
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

OP, I doubt you are facing the same issue that has plagued me but I have done everything told me by the manual, BMW 'Genius', and various solutions found on this forum.

The only thing I have not done is to create a new driver profile because I believe my problem is the new telematics unit described in the thread below. Once I return from China, I have an appointment to see if the dealer will resolve this for me since the Connected BMW phone folk are no help.

If the dealer and a new profile cannot resolve my issue then I will ask for an extension of some of the services for which I paid and they failed to deliver.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1614030
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #10
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Never ever works, but also have bad cell service.

NOT ok ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #11
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
wowser, logged out and back in and got the horn to honk. First time EVER ...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:49 AM   #12
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
wowser, logged out and back in and got the horn to honk. First time EVER ...
Yeah. The app will do only one action at a time, and sometimes (pretty often actually) that action gets stuck forever and nothing else will work. Loging out of the app resets the stuck action. Be warned, however: sometimes when loging back in, your car will not appear in the app. In that case, BMW will tell you to run through the masochistic sequences I described earlier, but don't do that (unless you want to, "masochistic sicko" and all that) — time, sometimes hours, often brings the car registration back into the app, just stay logged in.
      06-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #13
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah. The app will do only one action at a time, and sometimes (pretty often actually) that action gets stuck forever and nothing else will work. Loging out of the app resets the stuck action. Be warned, however: sometimes when loging back in, your car will not appear in the app. In that case, BMW will tell you to run through the masochistic sequences I described earlier, but don't do that (unless you want to, "masochistic sicko" and all that) — time, sometimes hours, often brings the car registration back into the app, just stay logged in.
Thanks Lexx!
My priority is to be able to get iDrive updates. Mine says none are available currently. But with my dealer 90 minutes away, having them do it just isn’t a good option.

Also, it worked after I both logged out and set the location to always. I keep my location settings off for most apps, or only while using. That was probably my biggest problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 11:57 AM   #14
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Lexx!
My priority is to be able to get iDrive updates. Mine says none are available currently. But with my dealer 90 minutes away, having them do it just isn’t a good option.

Also, it worked after I both logged out and set the location to always. I keep my location settings off for most apps, or only while using. That was probably my biggest problem.
The current consensus is that OTA (over-the-air) software updates are not available outside of Europe yet. Europe just started to be available, doesn't seem like a fully established and operating process. Sounds likely at least a few months before OTA for North America. So I hope you enjoy the drive and your dealer's company, at least in 2019 :-).
      06-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #15
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Once we do get OTA updates you will be able to download and install the update using iDrive and not have to use the ConnectedDrive app.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #16
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Once we do get OTA updates you will be able to download and install the update using iDrive and not have to use the ConnectedDrive app.
My concern is that my cell service is so bad, the downloads might not work OTA, and I’ll need to use connected drive to download on my phone via wifi.

We shall see, to be continued ....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #17
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50i

I just got my X5 the "genius" couldn't get the key card or my phone to remote start the unit.. :-(
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #18
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGeek View Post
I just got my X5 the "genius" couldn't get the key card or my phone to remote start the unit.. :-(
Did the card activate without any errors?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #19
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did the card activate without any errors?
Yes, in the car I can see the card showing its good for many many years.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 07:16 PM   #20
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Yes, in the car I can see the card showing its good for many many years.
I think the card is permanent. So if it recognizes the card is on the charging pad what happens when you push the start button? Does it give a message or do nothing?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:15 PM   #21
ElectroGeek
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think the card is permanent. So if it recognizes the card is on the charging pad what happens when you push the start button? Does it give a message or do nothing?
Nothing i tried to unlock the door and that didn't work either.. i will take it back over to BMW next week.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #22
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Nothing i tried to unlock the door and that didn't work either.. i will take it back over to BMW next week.
That is odd since you say the car recognizes it on the charging pad. Good luck.
Appreciate 0