BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #1
radelow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Change options at 150

Anyone ever been successful adding a option right at 150 (in production). Ordered my car yesterday and it went almost immediately to 150. Want to add Laserlights. GM emailed ordering people so maybe I’ll be lucky...anyone else been lucky?
      06-22-2019, 05:07 AM   #2
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Were you able to do this?
My order is in production begins status and was told we can't change the options anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #3
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radelow View Post
Anyone ever been successful adding a option right at 150 (in production). Ordered my car yesterday and it went almost immediately to 150. Want to add Laserlights. GM emailed ordering people so maybe I’ll be lucky...anyone else been lucky?
I ordered on Monday and made changes on Friday. Can’t recall when it went into production, but it was at least a few days. Your sales associate can tell you.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 05:57 AM   #4
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I ordered on Monday and made changes on Friday. Can’t recall when it went into production, but it was at least a few days. Your sales associate can tell you.
Placed order on Wednesday order went to production on Thursday and dealer is saying it cant be changed now.
Need those Laser lights. Initially i read they werent working well in USA now i see everyone saying they are must.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:03 AM   #5
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialBlue View Post
Placed order on Wednesday order went to production on Thursday and dealer is saying it cant be changed now.
Need those Laser lights. Initially i read they werent working well in USA now i see everyone saying they are must.
Yes, but lots of people have also had cars delayed in production for the laser headlights.

I don’t have them and my headlights are great. Very bright and automatically stay on high beams unless a car is approaching, or when you get close to a car in front of you.

I understand your angst, but this car has so many Bobby dazzlers, you probably won’t miss them. I predict you will love your car, even with the standard headlights!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:08 AM   #6
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but lots of people have also had cars delayed in production for the laser headlights.

I don’t have them and my headlights are great. Very bright and automatically stay on high beams unless a car is approaching, or when you get close to a car in front of you.

I understand your angst, but this car has so many Bobby dazzlers, you probably won’t miss them. I predict you will love your car, even with the standard headlights!
Thanks for that reply.
Does the lights look complete with out the lasers? I mean does they still have that iconic look?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:15 AM   #7
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Were you able to do this?
My order is in production begins status and was told we can't change the options anymore.
This is correct. Once it hits 150 status, the VIN is assigned, production slot set, parts scheduled, etc, no changes.

Even status 112 sometimes certain options are restricted and can't be added.
      06-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #8
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I am certainly not as tuned into BMW culture, but I think they look great. Lots of dazzle with parking lights on in daytime. At night the beams are very wide and provide great visibility. They don’t corner, but honestly my opinion is that is just a gimmick and another thing to break.

Very sporty looking IMO. I have xLine build, not msport.

Turned on my car and took photos just for you.

One photo is daytime running lights, second is with them turned on low beams.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:22 AM   #9
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am certainly not as tuned into BMW culture, but I think they look great. Lots of dazzle with parking lights on in daytime. At night the beams are very wide and provide great visibility. They don’t corner, but honestly my opinion is that is just a gimmick and another thing to break.

Very sporty looking IMO. I have xLine build, not msport.

Turned on my car and took photos just for you.

One photo is daytime running lights, second is with them turned on low beams.
Thanks a lot much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:26 AM   #10
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks a lot much appreciated.
I didn’t want it at the time, but I wished I had ordered HUD. When I test drove, I couldn’t see it with polarized sunglasses. But the dash is hard to see, blocked by steering wheel, and terribly busy. Next car I’ll get HUD, but it doesn’t upset me.

Love this car to death. You will too, and I think you will be happy with your headlights. Certainly not a reason to decline the car when it arrives, which you can do if you want to.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #11
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t want it at the time, but I wished I had ordered HUD. When I test drove, I couldn’t see it with polarized sunglasses. But the dash is hard to see, blocked by steering wheel, and terribly busy. Next car I’ll get HUD, but it doesn’t upset me.

Love this car to death. You will too, and I think you will be happy with your headlights. Certainly not a reason to decline the car when it arrives, which you can do if you want to.
I didnt knew we can decline the order, Thats interesting. They didnt take any deposit and it doesnt even have my full name on the order. Its my mistake wouldnt be a right to decline it though.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 06:57 AM   #12
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I didnt knew we can decline the order, Thats interesting. They didnt take any deposit and it doesnt even have my full name on the order. Its my mistake wouldnt be a right to decline it though.
If you really don’t want the car, decline it. It’s okay to do that. They can sell it off the lot, I’m sure. But then you either find another on-lot car, or wait another two months AND pay the premium for the 2020 model. It will cost more, and discounts will be much lower.

I know exactly how you feel. So excited, but second-guessing every decision.

I bought my car on a whim, really. Only driove the Lincoln nautilus and MB, did no research, and loved the car so much when I drove it I ordered one within a few days. Since then I’ve been asking the dumbest questions I can think of on this forum, and watching the many video reviews that place this car hands-down above all competitors.

If I had been on this forum before I ordered, I would have had a lot more anxiety about this (or any other car).

Trust your gut. I’m glad I did.
Appreciate 0