E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Does your driver's side headlight move?

08-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
KMFG-E90
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Does your driver's side headlight move?

I noticed this yesterday when playing with the headlights in the garage. It seems that my driver's side headlight doesn't move to the left at all, and barely moves to the right when the wheel is turned. The passenger side light moves considerably back and forth. Is this normal or do I need to pay the dealer a visit?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
KMFG-E90
Rep
Drives: '06 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
Was your car parked and stopped? You have to test the active headlights when your car is in motion (especially the left headlight).

The left headlight doesn't move a lot compared to the right head light. It's designed that way so that you won't blind oncoming motorists when making a left turn.
Yeah, it was parked, just sitting in the garage. Like I said, the passenger side would move a considerable amount side to side but the driver's side barely budged. I kinda figured BMW may have designed the left light to move less due to approaching drivers.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #3
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
Was your car parked and stopped? You have to test the active headlights when your car is in motion (especially the left headlight).

The left headlight doesn't move a lot compared to the right head light. It's designed that way so that you won't blind oncoming motorists when making a left turn.

You sir, are correct. You win a an emote!
Appreciate 0