BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
azlkk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1988 E28 M5 (departed)

Bluetooth version?

Does anybody know if iDrive 7.0 is Bluetooth version 5.0? I'm wondering how well high res music will sound coming via my iPhone with BT 5.0.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlkk View Post
Does anybody know if iDrive 7.0 is Bluetooth version 5.0? I'm wondering how well high res music will sound coming via my iPhone with BT 5.0.
Very good question and I do not know. However, I do suspect strongly that high res music is coming from the iPhone as I do not notice any difference when I listen via Bluetooth or from the USB. Whereas in my 2014 X3 I had previously, there was a noticeable difference. So much so that I would listen via USB rather than bluetooth.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 05:37 AM   #3
jammit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Have already asked this question to my Genius - still waiting on answer from BMW head-office......
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
I was getting interference during songs yesterday from my phone, using both Bluetooth and usb. When I tried to do something else with my phone it said I had no connection. I was sitting in my driveway where home WiFi always works.

When I looked at my settings, the phone was connected to BMW WiFi. I don’t have that in my car, but apparently I have some sort of signal. With no connectivity. The songs were interrupting when I was not at home, leading me to believe that the non-existent BMW WiFi was interfering.

At some point I found some sort of WiFi settings in iDrive, but I haven’t been able to find them again. As far as I know my car doesn’t have it. I think it is part of the executive package, correct?

I’ve never activated Apple car play (I have an iPhone 7+).
Appreciate 0