BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-08-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Startup Connected Drive Log In Issue

Has anyone encountered a bug where the car, every time you start it up, prompts you to log in to Connected Drive? I don't know what to do to stay logged in.

I feel like I came across a post regarding this issue back when I was still contemplating the X5. Now, I'm the one experiencing the issue.

The first couple of days I had the car, I did not encounter this issue. Ever since, it has been an everyday issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARMAATL View Post
Has anyone encountered a bug where the car, every time you start it up, prompts you to log in to Connected Drive? I don't know what to do to stay logged in.

I feel like I came across a post regarding this issue back when I was still contemplating the X5. Now, I'm the one experiencing the issue.

The first couple of days I had the car, I did not encounter this issue. Ever since, it has been an everyday issue.
Have you tried rebooting iDrive? Perhaps your car received some sort of update without your knowledge and now needs a reboot. Just a guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:00 PM   #3
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Were you able to login via your vehicle and it won't "stick"? That's the way I'm reading it.

I had my vehicle at the dealer last week, and they replaced a "head unit". I could not login to Connected Drive in my vehicle despite having the password. I went online, and on the Connected Drive website I noticed that the password requirements had changed and my old password did not meet them. I reset my password to one that meets BMW's new requirements. That resolved my particular issue, but yours sounds different.
      07-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:

I had that. Eventually had to delete my car driver profile and start over (using same CD credentials as pre-profile-delete) to fix the issue, per BMW customer support (whom regurgitated what CD support told them). Unlike many other situations, this actually did work for me to eliminate the car Log In prompt, even though the several hours of recreating all the same settings was time badly wasted.
      07-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #5
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
I had that. Eventually had to delete my car driver profile and start over (using same CD credentials as pre-profile-delete) to fix the issue, per BMW customer support (whom regurgitated what CD support told them). Unlike many other situations, this actually did work for me to eliminate the car Log In prompt, even though the several hours of recreating all the same settings was time badly wasted.
I'm afraid I too will likely have to go down this path. In the grand scheme of problems I've seen others experience on this forum, this is a relatively minor one. It's just a bit annoying because my time could definitely be spent in more productive ways.

I'll try it out tonight and update.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:50 AM   #6
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Resolved

UPDATE: Tried the suggestion of deleting my driver profile, and it worked! Unfortunately, I did lose all the settings and had to spend the next 30 minutes getting it all sorted again.

However, for any future owners that encounter this issue, that's the fix. Hopefully I don't have it happen again.

I've attached a photo here (uploaded sideways for whatever reason) that shows the screen I was getting every time I turned the car on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #7
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
UPDATE: Tried the suggestion of deleting my driver profile, and it worked! Unfortunately, I did lose all the settings and had to spend the next 30 minutes getting it all sorted again.

However, for any future owners that encounter this issue, that's the fix. Hopefully I don't have it happen again.

I've attached a photo here (uploaded sideways for whatever reason) that shows the screen I was getting every time I turned the car on.

Only 30 min!? Speedy. Although I guess it did take me around 30 min for the core 100 or so settings, and then days for the remaining dozen obscure ones ... so averaging out to a couple of hours.

Your photo with gesture control help in the corner reminded me that the following gesture would have worked as well.
Attached Images

07-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #8
SHARMAATL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post

Only 30 min!? Speedy. Although I guess it did take me around 30 min for the core 100 or so settings, and then days for the remaining dozen obscure ones ... so averaging out to a couple of hours.

Your photo with gesture control help in the corner reminded me that the following gesture would have worked as well.
I'm really hoping to save that gesture to program it to decline calls from telemarketers offering free cruises (have gotten 3 in the past week)!

And yes, while the 30 minutes was just for the core settings, I remember spending upwards of a week getting it all just perfect. Ready for Round 2 I guess.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:

I have this, like 90% of the time it asks me to login, works once in a while, deleted my profile recreated and logged and and no better - hoping a software update next week might fix it - worked fine for many months after I bought the car but now almost always asks.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #10
rmorin1249
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 MSport 40i

I'm beginning to question whether all this technology is worth the aggravation. It sure was a simpler world 30 years ago. Now I'm addicted to my cell phone and constant instantaneous news, weather and sports. It's kinda sad but true for most of us.

COL(Ret), US Army Hagerstown MD
2019 X5 40i MSport Alpine White/Coffee (my 13th BMW)
2015 Mercedes SL400; 2009 Lexus RX350
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #11
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorin1249 View Post
I'm beginning to question whether all this technology is worth the aggravation. It sure was a simpler world 30 years ago. Now I'm addicted to my cell phone and constant instantaneous. It's kinda sad.
I'm with you and I am in technology for a living but as I get older sometime I just wish I had a flip phone but if I had a flip phone I would die without all the access to information instantly.
Appreciate 0