Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK External mirrors triangle

07-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

External mirrors triangle

On the corners of both of the drivers external mirrors there is a small triangle.
Thought first it was blind spot monitoring, but don't think that’s available on the G20 in the UK.
Then it was auto dimming. No, that’s drivers side only controlled by the rear view mirror.
So what is the triangle for? Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
DomiGijzen
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 MSport High Exec (G08)

It is indeed the warning light for the blind spot.
      07-14-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Blind spot monitoring as such is not mentioned in the Handbook nor is it listed in the active items on the car.
I can only assume it is blended into lane control and is not a separate monitor as such.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #4
Timbo8000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e w/M Sport Plus

Garage List
2019 BMW  [0.00]
Lookup ‘Lane Change Warning’ in the manual, that’s what you’re looking for, I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
unclez
Rep
Drives: VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
On the corners of both of the drivers external mirrors there is a small triangle.
Thought first it was blind spot monitoring, but don't think that’s available on the G20 in the UK.
Then it was auto dimming. No, that’s drivers side only controlled by the rear view mirror.
So what is the triangle for? Any ideas?
Hi,

triangles are 100% for the blind spot detection, also known as Lane Change Warning. Not to be confused with Lane Departure Warning.

Lane Change Warning only comes with Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Plus options, while Lane Departure Warning comes standard on G20.

Now comes the question: do you have Driving Assistant as option? If not, it would be really interesting to see that the mirrors are till with triangles. There is hope that activating the option of Lane Change Warning is a matter of coding
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:55 PM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Like this?
Attached Images

09-20-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
unclez
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Like this?
They are definitely the ones.

I studied a bit tis topic and searched for spare parts, as they are usually very well way to confirm what a car gets by default.

So... when there is the mentioned triangle on the mirror that means that car has Driving Assistant (eventually plus).

G20s without triangle are only getting Assist Guard Plus that does not come with Lane Chang Warning (very bad from BMW, this is much more useful than lane departure assistant that comes as a standard).
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:30 AM   #8
Skeewiff03
Private First Class
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclez View Post

I studied a bit tis topic and searched for spare parts, as they are usually very well way to confirm what a car gets by default.

So... when there is the mentioned triangle on the mirror that means that car has Driving Assistant (eventually plus).

G20s without triangle are only getting Assist Guard Plus that does not come with Lane Chang Warning (very bad from BMW, this is much more useful than lane departure assistant that comes as a standard).

How else would they make you pay to upgrade to the DA (like I did), if useful features were standard
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 03:47 AM   #9
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeewiff03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclez View Post

How else would they make you pay to upgrade to the DA (like I did), if useful features were standard
Driving Assistance is well worth having. It makes motorway journeys so much more relaxing...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
unclez
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Driving Assistance is well worth having. It makes motorway journeys so much more relaxing...
I don't disagree with that.
My wallet on the contrary disagreed
Appreciate 0