BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-16-2019, 06:18 AM   #1
MrItaly
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M Competition

F97/98 COMP Black Interior Photos?

Hey all, car is going into production end of the month, and I have time to make any last minute changes. I'm sure on all points now except one that I keep on going back and forth on- that interior.... I loved the black/biege idea when I originally saw it and ordered it. Over time the biege appeared too orange on the configurator website and the early press photos. Wife also agreed it looked too orange. I called the dealer and swapped to all black and kept the carbon inside on a donnington grey exterior. Now that I've seen 3rd party press photos, it doesn't seem too orange, but I still fear it might get old over time. I also have young kids, so I'm thinking about the resiliency of that biege seat center VS an all black solution like I had in my M40i. I don't necessarily trust the photos on the BMW configurator tool, so has anyone seen any real photos of this car with the black interior. I'm just hoping it's not too boring for an M car. Any help you could offer would be appreciated and maybe even help me sleep a bit better at night. I'll be hanging onto this car for a while (unless this one gets stolen too) and want to get it right. Thanks,

Mr. Italy
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #2
ando
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 eDr40, G80 and F80

Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
I like the contrasting colors of interiors but not on seat materials that is merino leather and alcantara. I was hoping for silver stone and black merino similar to the seats on the M5. I'm going black merino.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Well, dealer just wrote me this afternoon and provided my VIN. I guess the black interior is locked in now. I'll post photos here of the interior when it arrives if they're still not circulating on the interwebs.

Last edited by MrItaly; 07-17-2019 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
73WhiteBoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i xDrive

This just popped up...black interior.

https://www.billjacobsbmw.com/invent...ts0c06lla57867
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 03:11 AM   #5
MrItaly
Major
Rep

Thank you, 73whiteboy. These are the first real pics I've seen of the black interior. Not to mention the exterior, interior, and trim options are all identical to mine. This gives me an excellent idea of exactly what mine will look like. I admit, the black is a bit more subdued compared to the two tone biege and black option I was considering. All told, I think it looks quite classy and will stand the test of time both for my tastes and from the torture my small children will inflict on that leather. Thanks again for posting the link.

Ciao,

Mr. Italy
Appreciate 0