BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-31-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Software Update thru App

Are there certain settings that need to be enabled for the BMW Connected app to find and download available software updates?

I have notifications enabled and the toggle for auto-downloading Software Updates on, but just got a notification that my vehicle is "eligible for receiving Remote Software Upgrades" but "notifications must be enabled" to receive them. Not sure why I'd get this notice if everything was functioning correctly.

Is there something I'm missing, for those who have been lucky enough to get an update pushed to them? I've had my settings this way for months and still nothing... getting frustrated with this process.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
X5_CC
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

I got the same pop-up this morning. Notifications for the app are already turned on. Who knows — maybe BMW is getting ready to push out updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
mrichione
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5_CC View Post
I got the same pop-up this morning. Notifications for the app are already turned on. Who knows — maybe BMW is getting ready to push out updates?
Hopefully, but I won't hold my breath. I've been hearing they're "preparing to push them any minute now" for months.
Appreciate 0