BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-05-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
LITflyer
Rep
Drives: 17 i3, 15 x3

Would Appreciate help/tips ordering DHP on a 2020 30i

My 2015 X3 got hit by a red light runner who claimed his brakes failed, and insurance company balked at the $34k repair estimate so it was totaled - and now I'm renting until I can figure out the quirks of BMWs ordering system and have a 2020 x30i made and delivered.

The Dynamic Damper Control made a huge difference on my F25, and I would really really like to get it again.

The issue we're running into is that the dealer ordering computer is rejecting the build saying that 223 (dynamic damper control) requires ZM4, which is the M Sport Package 2. However, the pricing guide that I got here on the forum, as well as the June 20 guide from the dealership, both say that either ZCV or ZM4 are required. Our CA is awesome but the GM was basically saying I don't need Dynamic Damper and I should just take an inventory car, and really didn't seem to want to call a factory rep for clarification.

It's also interesting that 223 on the pricing guide says it requires ZCV or ZM4, because that then means I couldn't order the Executive Package (ZPX).

However, according to the pricing guide, for Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH), which includes 223, the requirements on that say "ZDH requires ordering ZCV, ZM4, ZPP, or ZPX." But even when we try ordering ZDH, it rejects it saying ZM4 is required.

The conflicting statements make me wonder if there isn't a typo or programming error somewhere? Any insight or thoughts as to how to get dynamic handling without the M Sport Package would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITflyer View Post
but the GM was basically saying I don't need Dynamic Damper and I should just take an inventory car, and really didn't seem to want to call a factory rep for clarification.
And you are considering listening to him?? They are there to make money off you, and he doesn't even have a good attitude about it.
You're paying a lot of money, get what you want.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 02:24 AM   #3
LITflyer
Rep
Drives: 17 i3, 15 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
And you are considering listening to him?? They are there to make money off you, and he doesn't even have a good attitude about it.
You're paying a lot of money, get what you want.
Oh, definitely not going to take an inventory delivery no matter what. The issue is that the ordering computer rejected the order and gave the reasons (I saw it with my own two eyes). If we removed the dynamic dampers/handling package, it was ok with the order. But I'm not sure if it's a glitch or something like BMW having a parts shortage or?? And I'm not sure who I would talk to to escalate such an issue... BMW customer relations was really nice but didn't have any helpful advice.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 08:24 AM   #4
Alias1431
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

I would call three other dealers and see what they say.
Appreciate 0