BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > Advanced car eye 2.0 help?

08-19-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
spookyzeus
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 - LBB

Advanced car eye 2.0 help?

Hi,
So recently purchased the above and I’m having a small issue with the play back of files. Basically, I’ve downloaded the BMW advanced viewer for a pc but when I try to open a file with it, I just get a message saying no file is available for play back, and it’s only specific to this viewer.
I can double click on the files themselves (AVI format I believe) and front & back images will play in windows media fine, but you don’t get the various options of GPS data the viewer seems to offer.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the software they’d like to share.
Everything thing else seems to be working as expected just this dodgy viewer software. Should point out I’ve tried associating the avi files with the viewer software but hasn’t made a difference.

regards,

Paul

Last edited by spookyzeus; 08-23-2019 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 06:04 AM   #2
spookyzeus
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 - LBB

Work in progress.
So far i have worked out that the system records both the front and rear camera views plus the audio into one AVI file.
I can view this using the VLC player and manually flick between the 2, but i also have a Win 7 device that will play both streams via the windows medi player.
Now trying to work out how this works and whats the easyist way to get it working.
Appreciate 0