E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Sirius Activation via BimmerTech the way to go

08-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #1
TheNickster
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Sirius Activation via BimmerTech the way to go

Read around on the forums about alternatives, and maybe I'm lazy or just wanted to stay as "stock" as possible(?!?), but the ~$300 for Bimmertech to activate and the subsequent 1year free subscription (I had a current account from prior vehicle and Sirius credited my back $247 to my CC) was well worth it - in a sense, it paid for itself and use is seamless.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw...radio-retrofit

The only issue (on my side) was my internet connection was weak where I was at, so it took a couple tries for me to maintain a connection. The tech on the other end of the line was very patient. Basically they send you the ODBC cable and you install a couple programs on your laptop and schedule an appointment (mine was 9am on a Sunday - my choice).

Anyway, thought I would share my positive experience.
Appreciate 0