E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iDrive Dead Pixels - BMW(UK) Warranty Policy

04-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
tosborne1971
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d SE

iDrive Dead Pixels - BMW(UK) Warranty Policy

Hello everyone - my first post as new owner of a 320d (and a recent convert from Mercedes-Benz!).

I've just collected a 320d SE - gorgeous, except quite disappointed that the iDrive screen had a dead pixel (even if it is barely noticeable).

Talking to my dealer (Victoria Milton Keynes), apparently BMW will replace the TFT panel if you have:

1 green dead-pixel
2 red pixels or
3 blue pixels.

Seems a bit rubbish to me (especially given the small size of the display). I thought everyone would like to know the "official" policy though!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

My display had a dead pixel on delivery - the salesman actually pointed it out to me while picking up the car. From memory it was not completely dead - it was one the colours (I think green) that did not work properly.

It took about two months for the new screen to arrive, but the dead pixel was hardly noticeable.
      04-02-2006, 05:11 AM   #3
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosborne1971
Hello everyone - my first post as new owner of a 320d (and a recent convert from Mercedes-Benz!).

I've just collected a 320d SE - gorgeous, except quite disappointed that the iDrive screen had a dead pixel (even if it is barely noticeable).

Talking to my dealer (Victoria Milton Keynes), apparently BMW will replace the TFT panel if you have:

1 green dead-pixel
2 red pixels or
3 blue pixels.

Seems a bit rubbish to me (especially given the small size of the display). I thought everyone would like to know the "official" policy though!
Official UK policy on carrying out the CIP update & mp3 retrofit on pre-Oct cars seems to be try charging the customer for it, if they can get away with it.
I think they are full of crap.

Viv

Info about the first UK meet is here.

Appreciate 0