Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Problem with Spotify in my G20

09-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
zapdos191
Thailand
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Problem with Spotify in my G20

Hi guys

I've some problems with my iDrive version 7 in my G20. Previous I know from BMW connected application on my Huawei P30 pro that Spotify is the certified thrid party app that can use in BMW car but when I connect my phone to my iDrive via bluetooth there is no Spotify app in Media. I can play only in Bluetooth audio that album artwork wasn't appeared. I've used my wife's phone, Samsung Note 9, to test with same method and it was the same result. I've enable developer mode and change bluetooth AVRCP to version
1.5 already. My phone has both Spotify and BMW connected drive application with fully login and buy all service in BMW connected store already.

So I've tested to connect my iPad to my iDrive. It work!!!. It show my iPad name and has (Spotify) mark at the end. The album art work is shown now but can't change the playlist or find another playlist.

My product genius and Call center in my country can't help me anyway.

I don't want to change my phone to iPhone yet. What can I do to use Spotify in iDrive???

Thx for all further help.
Appreciate 0