Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Topics iDrive, Nav, Phone, Audio, Video, Cameras, Electronics Having trouble with some settings

09-10-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
Skeewiff03
Private First Class
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Having trouble with some settings

Hello All,

Car has been finally delivered 5 months after the order.
Larger, roomier and lot more comfortable than the E90 it replaces.

However, having some issues with the software. Can someone assist.

1. "CAR" - "Settings" - "General settings" - the "Remote Software Upgrade" does not exist. What comes before it/after in for all those that have it? What might be the reason that it is not there?

2. "CAR" - "Settings" - "General settings" - "Date and time" "Automatic time setting; cannot be selected. What needs to be the prerequisite for this to function?

3. Digital Key and Samsung S9; can anyone confirm that they have this working as BMW 'Genius' is not of much help currently.

Thank you.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 03:26 AM   #2
xacoffeemx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 320i, 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeewiff03 View Post
Hello All,

Car has been finally delivered 5 months after the order.
Larger, roomier and lot more comfortable than the E90 it replaces.

However, having some issues with the software. Can someone assist.

1. "CAR" - "Settings" - "General settings" - the "Remote Software Upgrade" does not exist. What comes before it/after in for all those that have it? What might be the reason that it is not there?

2. "CAR" - "Settings" - "General settings" - "Date and time" "Automatic time setting; cannot be selected. What needs to be the prerequisite for this to function?

3. Digital Key and Samsung S9; can anyone confirm that they have this working as BMW 'Genius' is not of much help currently.

Thank you.
For #3, do you have an unlocked S9 by any chance?

I had some issues with BMW Connected app not supporting Digital Key on my Unlocked S10+ because the Android ROM must be a US Carrier based ROM in order to get digital key feature working. I had to flash my original ROM that came with my unlocked phone with Tmobile ROM to have the digital key working.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 03:47 AM   #3
Skeewiff03
Private First Class
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xacoffeemx View Post
For #3, do you have an unlocked S9 by any chance?

I had some issues with BMW Connected app not supporting Digital Key on my Unlocked S10+ because the Android ROM must be a US Carrier based ROM in order to get digital key feature working. I had to flash my original ROM that came with my unlocked phone with Tmobile ROM to have the digital key working.
Yes factory unlocked, purchased directly from Samsung retailer; not through a Carrier. Just hate how they do not tell you these details at purchasing
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

OTA updates may not be available in every country. The functionality to auto set time probably requires your car "communicating" with BMW's servers via cellular, which similar to OTA update functionality, may also not be available in your country. BMW should confirm this for you.

While I'm unable to help with your Android phone unlocking your car using the Digital Key, I will agree BMW Genius isn't helpful. Try searching the forums as folks here tend to be more knowledgeable.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #5
SigurWes
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i

I have an s9 and use the digital key everyday.
Appreciate 0