BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #1
otteporihs
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M40i

My ordered 2020 X5 is here. Pick up now or wait til October?

Here is my dilemma.

My current Audi Q7 is on extended lease on every 18th of the month. In the other words, I paid for the lease on Sept 18, and I don't have to return the car until Oct 18.

My ordered 2020 X5 has just arrived at the BMW dealership and should be available for me to pick up starting tomorrow. I had the lease rate locked in in August.

Option 1: return Q7 now and pick up X5. I'd "lose" half a month of lease on the Q7. I'll potentially miss out on a presumably lower lease rate in October.

Option 2: ask BMW dealership to hold the car for two weeks. Is this possible? If it is, and the rate is lower in October, it's a double win.

Yes, I'm super excited about my first BMW and all, but wouldn't mind driving my current Q7 for another two weeks. I don't know. Help me please!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Depending on your relationship with your BMW dealership, it might be tough for you to push your delivery to October as it's close to the end of the month - most will want to wrap up any existing sales and financing for Aug to meet their quotas.

But it doesn't hurt to ask, worse they can say is "no"

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
champkindwhammy
ChampKind
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550iM

I wouldn't think it's too big an ask to wait for October to see if the incentives get better (assuming a lease). If not leased than drive it!

Maybe if you say you'd like to wait they'll throw in something (like roof rails LOL) for taking it now.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by otteporihs View Post
Option 2: ask BMW dealership to hold the car for two weeks. Is this possible? If it is, and the rate is lower in October, it's a double win.
If I understood you correctly, it seems that you're unexpectedly out of town for the next 2 to 3 weeks and can't take delivery until you're back. Isn't that right? Life, just like BMW production schedules, is unpredictable. :-)
iknowdjz108.50
nvsocr755.00
      09-24-2019, 06:44 AM   #5
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
If I understood you correctly, it seems that you're unexpectedly out of town for the next 2 to 3 weeks and can't take delivery until you're back. Isn't that right? Life, just like BMW production schedules, is unpredictable. :-)
I'm in the same boat as OP. Scheduled to arrive Thursday...on my only day off of the week... and it's a lease... anyone know maybe when the October ones get posted officially? Is it always the first of the month?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvsocr7 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I'm in the same boat as OP. Scheduled to arrive Thursday...on my only day off of the week... and it's a lease... anyone know maybe when the October ones get posted officially? Is it always the first of the month?
Not always available exactly the first of every month - give it a day or two sometimes 3. Jason usually updates the figures when he has them:

Official X5 Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1541151

You can also post your question here in the 2020 X5 lease deals on Edmunds forums:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussio...-prices#latest

Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      09-24-2019, 07:41 AM   #7
champkindwhammy
ChampKind
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 550iM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I'd try to schedule with the dealer the 2nd week of October. Tell them your OOT or something. Worst case incentives are the same and maybe you get lucky with a bump you can apply. Dealer shouldn't care
Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      09-24-2019, 10:21 AM   #8
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by champkindwhammy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I'd try to schedule with the dealer the 2nd week of October. Tell them your OOT or something. Worst case incentives are the same and maybe you get lucky with a bump you can apply. Dealer shouldn't care
I don't think I can wait that long lol. My current vehicle is due for service and being repurposed to my parents and they need a car so it's a crappy situation. Plus I don't want it sitting in the dealer and risk using it as a demo or test driver, unsure how common that is or if it's allowed. Financially 50-100$ per month isn't going to hurt but obviously I'd rather save that money ya know? Decisions decisions!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2019, 10:29 AM   #9
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't think I can wait that long lol. My current vehicle is due for service and being repurposed to my parents and they need a car so it's a crappy situation. Plus I don't want it sitting in the dealer and risk using it as a demo or test driver, unsure how common that is or if it's allowed. Financially 50-100$ per month isn't going to hurt but obviously I'd rather save that money ya know? Decisions decisions!
You're looking at $40-44 per month at most over the term of your 3 year lease or approx $1440-1600 depending on your sell price.

Appreciate 1
nvsocr755.00
      09-24-2019, 02:32 PM   #10
nvsocr7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You're looking at $40-44 per most at most over the term of your 3 year lease or approx $1440-1600 depending on your sell price
Awesome! May have to suck it up and take the financial hit lol. Thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0