Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Shipments Abroad

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #1
clark192
Second Lieutenant
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i (EU)

Tire Shipments Abroad

I was wondering if anyone might be able to clarify this for me:

I am looking at purchasing a set of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's for my E90 with 161s. Suprisingly, there is a dealer for Vredestein out here in Bahrain, so I called them. They want to charge me $265 apiece for the rear tires and about $190 for the front setup. I was a little annoyed by these prices as I have seen cheaper online in other countries.

My question for the tire guys is this. Can I purchase as set of Vredesteins from, say, the UK or US and ship them here without an issue? I don't mean regulations wise (I have to check that out here), but I mean as for the physical compound of the tires? My friend was telling me that these tire companies produce different compounds for different regions and countries depending on their climate, etc, and that purchasing a tire from elsewhere might not be a good idea. Is this true? Any thoughts? Am I stuck with whatever my local dealer is charging?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #2
theblackmamba
Banned
Rep
Drives: 0

If you want cheap tires then go get some used ones from a junk yard.

You get what you pay for. I'm pretty sure it'll cost more if you try to get those same tires from another dealer and they have to pay international shipping...
Appreciate 0