E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor broken clips

11-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
MoonsOfJupiter
Padawan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Garage List
Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor broken clips

I was replacing the Valve Cover Gaskets over the weekend and the clips that hold the plug for the Valvetronic Eccentric Shaft Sensor broke off. The plug fits pretty snugly on its own and there's no other issues with the sensor ( I replaced its gasket too).

Is anyone else driving around clip-less? I plan on checking regularly to see if it has any movement, but I think its pretty stable.

Am I good? Or do I need to replace the sensor for one with intact clips? What would happen if the plug were to fall out while driving?

Thanks

:O:
wd
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #2
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Some of us even drive without the sensor disconnected when the sensor failed. So just push it in you it won't come off that easily.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
MoonsOfJupiter
Padawan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesredpanda View Post
Some of us even drive without the sensor disconnected when the sensor failed. So just push it in you it won't come off that easily.
Yes, It seems to fit quite securely without the clips. I'm not losing any sleep over it at this point.

Thanks

:O:
wd
Appreciate 0