Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Live cockpit restart?

11-05-2019, 02:46 AM   #1
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Live cockpit restart?

Driving this morning and my live cockpit went black and restarted all pretty quick. It turned off driving assistant options until it had rebooted... 330e on 07.2019.55. Only had the car since Friday afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
KMoore
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 320i M Sport

Mine did something similar not long after we got it. Came back on after a restart and never happened since.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 02:36 PM   #3
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Driving this morning and my live cockpit went black and restarted all pretty quick. It turned off driving assistant options until it had rebooted... 330e on 07.2019.55. Only had the car since Friday afternoon.
Yep I had the same, when I was driving in heavy rain. I was doing 60 and the whole dash went black and disengaged the DA so the car suddenly started slowing down. The screens came on about 5 seconds later.

I had an error saying something like sensor blocked, DA disengaged. Hasn't happened again since. I was on .40 at the time...

Have to say it was a little scary at the time... I mentioned it to my dealer during the .55 upgrade and got a
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Jkwon
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkwon View Post
Yep I had the same, when I was driving in heavy rain. I was doing 60 and the whole dash went black and disengaged the DA so the car suddenly started slowing down. The screens came on about 5 seconds later.

I had an error saying something like sensor blocked, DA disengaged. Hasn't happened again since. I was on .40 at the time...

Have to say it was a little scary at the time... I mentioned it to my dealer during the .55 upgrade and got a
It was cold but dry this morning and 20 miles into my commute, I was going round a mini roundabout when it decided to shit it's pants, worried me but fortunately was only in a 30 zone so wasn't going very fast. It's amazing how often you can use the cruise control in this car I almost never have to drive!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
themnmd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoore View Post
Mine did something similar not long after we got it. Came back on after a restart and never happened since.
+1 , m340. Was weird also infotainment went black too
Appreciate 0