Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK 2500 mile 330e Economy

11-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #1
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport+

Seems like I underestimated the MPG replying to a post the other day. Taken today at about 2500 miles, 80MPG.

Ignore the 363 electric "miles travelled", it got reset to 0 when getting the .55 upgrade a few weeks back (as did all my other metrics except Ex Works MPG). Reckon it's at least 1200-1300 on electric.

200 mile trip to Stevenage and back today (with a partial but not full charge at the office) and got 75MPG and 65 miles of electric. Indicated range first thing was 18 miles (2C outside), it did about 33 in reality on the outbound leg.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Cranester1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M Sport

Nice. Looking forward to seeing what I’ll realistically get out of mine when it arrives. Moving from a Merc C220d. Main drives of interest:

Commute (Bridge of Allan to Glasgow): 36 miles each way - c. 30 miles of it motorway driving - currently doing around 50-55mpg in Merc

Head office run: Bridge of Allan to Spinningfields (Manchester) - c. 245 miles with around 230 on motorway. - not uncommon to get 60-65mpg in Merc

How do you think it’ll stack up? Your driving seems quite similar to mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #3
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranester1983 View Post
Nice. Looking forward to seeing what I'll realistically get out of mine when it arrives. Moving from a Merc C220d. Main drives of interest:

Commute (Bridge of Allan to Glasgow): 36 miles each way - c. 30 miles of it motorway driving - currently doing around 50-55mpg in Merc

Head office run: Bridge of Allan to Spinningfields (Manchester) - c. 245 miles with around 230 on motorway. - not uncommon to get 60-65mpg in Merc

How do you think it'll stack up? Your driving seems quite similar to mine.
So on your daily commute you'll probably get 200MPG+ Mine is 46 miles (each way, I can charge at the office) and I get 180-200. If you can't charge at the office I guess you'll still get 100MPG for the whole journey.

You'll have to put the units into l/100km as the MPG annoyingly only goes to 99.9...

I do generally just pootle along around 60mph though. If you sit at 70 in Hybrid mode it will have the engine running and if you blat along at 80+ it's going to make little use of the electric capacity I'm guessing.

Longer journeys will probably be worse than the Merc as the battery will be flat and you'll be mostly on petrol. My nearest comparison is 170 mile trip at 67MPG but if that was 250 miles I reckon you'd be down to 60. Again driven gently.

That's what I like best about the car, if you drive carefully you can get seriously good economy even over longer trips but it's still damn quick if you want a blast. I left a Jag XF S diesel (not a slow car!) for dust earlier today accelerating off a roundabout onto dual carriageway. I think he wondered what magic I had...
Appreciate 1
JustChris17426.00
      11-07-2019, 04:06 AM   #4
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

so, just to be precise on all modes you and the way you drive, tricky:
  • Hybrid Eco Pro or Hybrid mode?
  • Fully charged batter, charged both ways
  • Using satnav for more efficient road prediction?
  • 60 mph on motorway, more or less, with assisted driving?

Do I miss any other tips?

p.s. how you reset the average mpg?
Also, is it just me or you also noticed, that in general, each driving mode has it's own average mpg figures?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 05:49 AM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Have you guys seen this? Read comments section lol. We need this across the pond except for the mandatory EV zones. I'm down for rewards program and free charging though. We are still waiting for our 330e I believe though not sure if we're getting it as demand isn't that high.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #6
tricky6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snusnu View Post
so, just to be precise on all modes you and the way you drive, tricky:
  • Hybrid Eco Pro or Hybrid mode?
  • Fully charged batter, charged both ways
  • Using satnav for more efficient road prediction?
  • 60 mph on motorway, more or less, with assisted driving?

Do I miss any other tips?

p.s. how you reset the average mpg?
Also, is it just me or you also noticed, that in general, each driving mode has it's own average mpg figures?
So probably 98% Eco Pro but I do like to drive so have been using Sport mode from time to time. Eco Pro generally just reduces the throttle responsiveness so you accelerate more gently, guess it uses less power (+ it reduces heating/air con etc.) I've noticed that the car mists up more in Eco Pro, even with the air con enabled.

Always try and get it fully charged wherever I can. Lucky I can charge in the office, we've got 6 charge points so even if they're full I can always get on at some point in the day.

On longer trips I've tried some of the ecoTricity charge points on the motorway over coffee breaks and found them next to useless. They just fail to charge/interface with the car. Twice I've got them to work out about 20 tries...

Always use SatNav unless very short local journeys. Have noticed the live traffic is a way off the accuracy with Google Maps, which is a shame.

Yeah, generally 60mph on the motorway using DA. Sometimes I will go faster so I'm not a total saint. Have also had a holiday (250 miles) with a roof box where we were doing 65-70.

Anticipated driving would be the other one, just noticing when you can coast approaching junctions/roadabouts (not my natural driving style), reducing using the brakes, trying not to slow down and then speed up.

You can reset the Individual MPG counter but I think the rest of them are aligned to their functions (e.g. since refuel, since charge) so can't be reset.
Appreciate 0