BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-27-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

Custom Exhaust

I wanna get a custom exhaust but this is not really my area of expertise. From what I've learned so far the E92 M3 has the resonator, cats, secondary cats and the muffler? Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I'm looking mainly just to do a muffler delete right now and I know that Z4dave deleted his secondary cats and resonator but that really wasn't the sound I'm looking for. I have also saw the vid where vmwerks is revving the M3 without the muffler but I dont see any tips. I'm unsure about what exactly to do about this whole situation, would they need to saw off the stock muffler and put on aftermarket tips or what? And if so, can anyone give me any suggestions on the brand to get?

If you have any ideas about this excluding buying a whole new exhaust system plz feel free to tell me. Anywhere up to 120 decibels is fine with me.

Edit: If I just did a muffler delete with aftermarket tips could it have any negative effects on the car such as a lost in HP?

Last edited by M2381; 08-27-2008 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

08-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i did a muffler delete on my Z4M sounded great. all you need to do is find some nice tips. take it to a muffler shop and have them wield some pipes and the tips on there. make sureit is 100% bolt on.

About the loss. I didnt notice a loss of hp at first but overtime the i really started to feel it. The stock mufflers on BMWs were really designed for maximum power,back-pressure. I dont think it would be much different on the E92. RPI dynoed their Z4M with muffler delete and saw 10hp loss. Good luck
Appreciate 0