E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Gonna be in Tokyo, need advice.

09-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Gonna be in Tokyo, need advice.

Hello, I'll be in Tokyo (actually hotel in Kawasaki) for a week at the end of the September. Most of the day time will be for business, but late nights I want to go out and check stuff out. Any advice? Our corporate office there has arranged for people to take us to see the Tokyo tower, take some bus tours to see the temples already. I want to see if there are fun places where younger (umm late 20's) crowd goes late at night (say 11-2am) to eat or drink.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
      09-02-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
JW-Tuning
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bimmer

you should check out shinjuku at night... specific streets i'm not too familiar.. you can find lots of shopping, drinking, eating places.... they open till pretty late.. also day time you can check out harajuku for shopping! there's this street outside of this harajuku station.. it's very crowded during weekends.. lots of shopping!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

give me a shout on PM, can even give you my cell. I know Tokyo in very detailed ways lol. I'm there all the time, sadly this winter is the last time I'm gonna be there for awhile.

Shinjuku late at night is cool but if you want to party go to shibuya. I live there a bit out of the year. Its where a looottt of youngins are at. Good clubs and bars, shinjuku can be shady some bits. Becareful where you head off around there. I usually stay put around shibuya its "my turf"

oh and for harajuku, go on sunday afternoon. Its crazy haha all the cosplay folk chilln around near yoyogi koen (park). I'm always in the park on sundays.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
E92Jeemz
EVO'D 2 E92TT
Rep
Drives: AW E92 TT

Roppongi for night life. Its tourist hot spot.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
give me a shout on PM, can even give you my cell. I know Tokyo in very detailed ways lol. I'm there all the time, sadly this winter is the last time I'm gonna be there for awhile.

Shinjuku late at night is cool but if you want to party go to shibuya. I live there a bit out of the year. Its where a looottt of youngins are at. Good clubs and bars, shinjuku can be shady some bits. Becareful where you head off around there. I usually stay put around shibuya its "my turf"

oh and for harajuku, go on sunday afternoon. Its crazy haha all the cosplay folk chilln around near yoyogi koen (park). I'm always in the park on sundays.
Thanks, I'll hit you up before I leave for Tokyo. I'm there with a couple associates so we'll go check things out. Shibuya is better than Shinjuku huh? Where are good places to pick up girls? haha
      09-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #6
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Jeemz View Post
Roppongi for night life. Its tourist hot spot.
Blahhhh, I dislike Roppongi! But part of that is I'm not a tourist and 2nd its a bit "dirty".

Its got a lot of nightlife true. A lot of the girls there are looking to use english and pick up foreigners.

The Shibuya scene is something on its own. I'm part of the scene from doing promotions/events so I'm partial to it. But the fashion is crazy and one of the most famous clubs is in Shibuya. Club is called WOMB, if you saw the movie Babel... Thats the club. I use to live 2 doors down.

Shinjuku has a lot of cool bars and places to eat. I hang out there sometimes. Prob going there in Dec to see a tat artist.

Like I said before, if you are there on a sunday go to Yoyogi/Harajuku.

If you want to be classy go out to eat in Ginza at night. Classy area, my um err "girl" use to work in a bar in ginza. Lots of unique people who make a good living.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
Blahhhh, I dislike Roppongi! But part of that is I'm not a tourist and 2nd its a bit "dirty".

Its got a lot of nightlife true. A lot of the girls there are looking to use english and pick up foreigners.

The Shibuya scene is something on its own. I'm part of the scene from doing promotions/events so I'm partial to it. But the fashion is crazy and one of the most famous clubs is in Shibuya. Club is called WOMB, if you saw the movie Babel... Thats the club. I use to live 2 doors down.

Shinjuku has a lot of cool bars and places to eat. I hang out there sometimes. Prob going there in Dec to see a tat artist.

Like I said before, if you are there on a sunday go to Yoyogi/Harajuku.

If you want to be classy go out to eat in Ginza at night. Classy area, my um err "girl" use to work in a bar in ginza. Lots of unique people who make a good living.
haha I guess my company will take us to do the "classy" and expensive stuff. I rather go with them on that side anyway so I don't have to pay!

Fun side thanks for the suggestions. I actually found a friend who has a friend that moved to Tokyo from LA so I'll probably try to meet up with her and go out to make trouble.

I learned a phrase today though. 'Labuhoteru wa dokodesuka?"
      09-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep

Ooo man ahaha.

To bad I won't be around. I'm going to be back Dec 21st for a bit. But thats my last time for awhile perhaps. I could teach you a lot more crap to speak lol. I talk like a yakuza
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
i love japan