BMW
X7 and XM
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge Fantasy Football: Sit or Start

09-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
m3power13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Stripper

Fantasy Football: Sit or Start

Hope some of you are into FF. If so, what would you do with these situations.

Joey Galloway (vs Saints) or Jonathan Stewart (vs Chargers) at the flex spot?

3 WR league I currently have starting:

-M Colston
-R White
-P Crayton

Question is since Eagles will likely be without Brown and Curtis is out too, would you start rookie phenom DeSean Jackson over R White or P Crayton? I'm thinking maybe White since Falcons have a new young QB. I believe Crayton to be a solid pick since he is the #2 WR in a potent Dallas offense and they are playing one of the worst secondaries in the leauge (Browns).

Whatcha think?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
bigslickak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d sedan

For the Galloway vs. Stewart question, if your league is a PPR league, then go with Galloway, otherwise Stewart.

Roddy White is a must start. He had a bad QB situation all last year and still put up numbers.

So the question becomes Crayton vs. DeSean Jackson. I don't know. Does your league count any kick/punt return stats? If so, then maybe you do start Jackson.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
u guys sit there and fantasize about football players? gaaaay
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslickak View Post
For the Galloway vs. Stewart question, if your league is a PPR league, then go with Galloway, otherwise Stewart.

Roddy White is a must start. He had a bad QB situation all last year and still put up numbers.

So the question becomes Crayton vs. DeSean Jackson. I don't know. Does your league count any kick/punt return stats? If so, then maybe you do start Jackson.
When deciding whether to start a WR or RB in flex, you usually don't take into account PPR (unless it is someone like Westbrook). Galloway will have at the most 6 receptions, and that is only 1.2 points. Chances are, these two players will differ by a lot more than 1.2 in point total.

Usually in a toss up, it is advisable to go with the RB.

Both are risky plays, as Galloway is not 100% and Stewart is a rookie.

R. White and Colston would be a tossup to me. In the end, I'd probably go with Colston in Week 1, as White will have a rookie QB situation.
      09-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
bigslickak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
When deciding whether to start a WR or RB in flex, you usually don't take into account PPR (unless it is someone like Westbrook). Galloway will have at the most 6 receptions, and that is only 1.2 points. Chances are, these two players will differ by a lot more than 1.2 in point total.

Usually in a toss up, it is advisable to go with the RB.

Both are risky plays, as Galloway is not 100% and Stewart is a rookie.

R. White and Colston would be a tossup to me. In the end, I'd probably go with Colston in Week 1, as White will have a rookie QB situation.
PPR = point per reception

So if Galloway has 6 catches = 6 points...by the way, good prediction cause Galloway did indeed have 6 catches.

DeSean Jackson looked like a world beater yesterday, and looks like the #1 guy until Reggie Brown and then Kevin Curtis come back.

Roddy White had a mediocre game, mostly because the Falcons rode the heck out of Turner and didn't need to pass much once they had the big lead.
Appreciate 0