E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP with E91 Rear Window Regulator programming

01-29-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Yuriflying
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i wagon

Garage List
2021 BMW X1  [0.00]
2015 BMW X1  [0.00]
HELP with E91 Rear Window Regulator programming

I have a 2007 328I wagon. I replaced a driver side rear window regulator from O'Reilly's Auto Parts. I have tried every variation of programming of this window regulator. Presently the window will go down with one button push from the driver side door, but will not go up. It will go up when doing short pulling up on the button from the driver side controller. Is there a possibility that I may have to replace the window motor as well, or even possibly compatibility issues with my O'Reilly's auto parts window regulator? Just looking for some direction how to get this window programmed, or could there be any other issues I need to look at....
Any information is greatly appreciated!
      01-29-2020, 08:40 PM   #2
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

check that the glass moves freely up.

the electronics monitor motor draw. If the glass is hung up, crooked or otherwise not going up freely it will make the motor work hard and the electronics will sense that as either the top of the window frame or an entrapment issue.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2020, 12:40 AM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuriflying View Post
...2007 328I wagon. I replaced a driver side rear window regulator... I have tried every variation of programming of this window regulator. [?] Presently the window will go down with one button push from the driver side door, but will not go up. It will go up when doing short pulling up on the button from the driver side controller...
What are you trying to "program", with WHAT Scan Tool or Software, and HOW?

The Window "INITIALIZATION" Prodedure (NO Scan Tool or Software required) is addressed in TIS Online Service Manual or "Technical Information Service" (newTIS.Info):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/
See the attached "E9x References" pdf for links to TIS, Bentley Manual in searchable pdf format, and a LOT more.

Here are links to TIS pages for 2007 E91: (1) Notes on Initializing Front Power Windows, and (2) Initialize Power Windows; ALSO (3) Replacing Rear Window Regulator:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...ulator/HmL0y0i
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...motors/Xn9y4Gq
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...erated/EIAWLoY

NOTE: that you must FIRST DELETE the prior initialization BEFORE doing the NEW Initialization, BOTH done with Window Switches ONLY.

TIS & Bentley are the two most RELIABLE and COMPREHENSIVE Resources or References for learning how your BMW works, and how to "fix" something. There's a LOT of BS & Web Legend out there, and BMW owners seem to be easy "Marks" for BS Artists & Merchants.

If you have Bentley, see pages 512-19 & 20, or if you download the pdf, it's pages 692 & 693 of pdf. Bentley is often easier to understand than TIS, possibly because TIS is translated from German, and whoever translated it was NOT as knowledgeable of English Technical Terminology (at least in "Americanese") as those who did the translation or edited the Bentley Manual. I would suggest that on ANY significant task, particularly anything related to ECM control, that you read BOTH, to make sure you understand what to do & WHY (instead of blindly following something/someone who's faking it with BS). Of course where I live (DC suburbs) we have NO one like that around, "believe me."

George
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E9x References.pdf (218.0 KB, 40 views)
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2020, 12:53 AM   #4
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Bentley Door Window Initialization, TWO-STEP Procedure
Bentley 512-19 & 20; PDF pp. 692 & 693

George
Attached Images

Appreciate 1