E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 6at thud/shift at very low rpm/speed

02-26-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
C4maro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

6at thud/shift at very low rpm/speed

2007 335i Sedan, only noticable going slow just tapping the throttle(kind of feel it go back and forth with one tap of throttle, hit gas continuously and you cannot notice it.). I realise I'm most likley only going to find an answer once I get it up in the air but just curious if this is common and how serious it is to drive like this.

Is there any drive line play that would allow you to feel a shift/thud that is considered normal with these cars? I took it to the dealer about a year ago and they didn't notice anything, then we drove it out in the parking lot and he couldn't notice anything.. it's not loud but you can feel it, it's more noticeable in the underground parking on a nice smooth surface, I may just be overthinking but the drive line should be all solid on off acceleration correct?

Stock car with 170,xxx kms

Sorry if redundant post just curious if anyone has insight.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
Thorin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e91 6MT ZSP

How are your motor mounts? Have they ever been changed? The motor mounts are fluid filled, and thus could be on their way out (or gone).
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 04:15 PM   #3
C4maro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin View Post
How are your motor mounts? Have they ever been changed? The motor mounts are fluid filled, and thus could be on their way out (or gone).
Don't feel any shaking or rocking when reving engine in neutral/park so thinking those are probably okay. I'm guessing maybe trans mount or guibo. Just need to get her in the air.

Fluid filled motor mounts?? Interesting
Appreciate 0